cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4.7 IDES Installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying to install SAP 4.70 IDES from past 1 week. I always end up at the same point while installing DB instance

Iam installing SAPon Windows 2003 Server, Oracle 9i, J2SDK 1.4.2.

After installing oracle, I have created a database "SAP". While installing SAP I have given Instance name "ERP". Does it have anything do. Please help out with this.

Iam receiving following error msg while installing Database Instance

TRACE

CDomainObjectCache::readFromKeyDb: Reading from tOracleErrorIgnorePattern WHERE id = ''

TRACE

CDomainObjectCache::readFromKeyDb: Reading from tSqlScriptTemplates WHERE id = 'wrapper'

TRACE

CSqlEnvironment::executeScript: Executable started and waited successfully. Return code = 3

TRACE

COraSQLScriptExecution<LoggingStrategy>::executeScript: Script executed with error return code or executable terminated abnormally.

TRACE

CDomainObjectCache::readFromKeyDb: Reading from tSqlScriptTemplates WHERE id = 'wrapper'

ERROR 2007-05-31 17:24:18

CJS-00084 SQL Statement or Script failed. Error Message: Executable G:\oracle\ora92/bin/sqlplus.exe returns 3.

TRACE

JS Callback has thrown exception

ERROR 2007-05-31 17:24:18

FJS-00012 Error when executing script.

TRACE

got notification...

TRACE

releasing notifyLock

TRACE

got notification...

TRACE

ACTION_OK received

TRACE

releasing notifyLock

ERROR 2007-05-31 17:32:46

FCO-00011 The step runPreLoadScripts with step key R3E|ind|ind|ora|R3E|47|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseServer|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|DatabaseServerOra|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|DatabasePreLoad|ind|ind|ora|ind|ind|0|runPreLoadScripts executed with status ERROR.

ERROR 2007-05-31 17:32:46

FCO-00034 An error occurred during the installation.

TRACE

leaving doOpenChannels()...

Thank you

Chiranjeevi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> "After installing oracle, <b>I have created a database "SAP".</b>"

did you really created a database? if yes...DELETE it! sap (to be precise: sapinst) will create the instance and fill the database with data...do not interfere! and...ERP as the system id/name is not ideal...even if it does not belong to the "<i>reserved ids</i>"...use another one such as ID1...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

While Installing Oracle it ask for Database Creation: there I have give sap as SID.

Without giving anything it does not install Oracle.

Where as for SAP System ID should I give some ID1 instead of ERP.

I hope you got my point.

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-> which setup/installation progranm did you use for oracle installation?

-> and NO...you have to answer NO when asked to create database during oracle installation (the database will be created later...)

it should be <b>sapserver.cmd</b> under directory \disk1 of your (copied) oracle rdbms software cd...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam Installing Oracle 9i DBA 9.2.0 on Windows 2003 Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

without giving the database it does not install Oracle. I am installing oracle seperatly not from IDES installation disk.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to install with " server.cmd " It will install Oracle software and at last

it will give a screen . in that , you will find a check box " perform typical

configuration " check that box. and apply patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle 9i does not support ides version. It's for only production installation.

So try to install with Oracle 8.1.7.0 version

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where did you get that info? so if i have to install a development system i'd rather choose oracle 8i? sorry...that's ****!

-> oracle 8i ist NOT SUPPORTED on Win2k3!!!

-> use the oracle installation files from the sap cd/dvd: rdbms

-> use server.cmd to install

GreetZ, AH