cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While i am creating customer master records i am getting error in number range. If I created first record as 10001. then if i check number range before creating it will be as 10005. After that it will take regular number range ie 10006, 10007, 10008 ....

regards,

K.S.Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this number ranges are not shared by anyof the other Customer Account Gorups than the possible reason is as a large number of number range objects are buffered. When the system buffers a number range object, it does not update numbers individually in the database but reserves a preset group of numbers (depending on the number range object) in the database the first time a number is requested, and makes these numbers available to the application server in question.

Buffering the number range objects has a positive effect on performance, because the system no longer has to access the database (number range table NRIV) for each posting. Furthermore, a serialization of this table (database locking) is prevented to a large extent so that posting procedures can be carried out in parallel.

Since number range buffering does not cause any expressly assured qualities to be lost, no correction is required.

If you still require continuous allocation, you can deactivate the number range buffering specifically for individual objects.

Proceed as follows:

- Start Transaction SNRO and enter the affected object.

- Choose the pushbutton 'Change'.

- Deactivate buffering: Choose 'Edit' -> 'Set Up Buffering' -> 'No Buffering'.

- If you only want to change the buffer size, enter the corresponding value in the field 'No. of numbers in buffer'.

- Save the changes.

Please note that this change is a modification. The modification is overwritten as soon as the affected number range object is redelivered - in other words, you must check the change manually each time you import a release.

Object for Customer Number Ranges is DEBITOR.

To Summurize:

<b>Check T.Code: SNRO

Object: DEBITOR

No. of numbers in buffer: maintain it as '0'</b>

Please reward if it serve the purpose.

Regards,

Tajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh

Thanks for your suggestion. It has helped me

I would like to have your mail ID

K.S.Rao

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rao,

Yesterday i posted the same question in the forum and got the suitable reply.

The solution is there might be a buffering of 5 nos set for the t.code XDN1.SO the number ranges would jump by 5 nos.

In order to check this Use T.code SNUM/SNRO use the object DEBITOR(which is for customer master) there u can find whether the buffering is set.

If u want to remove the buffering that can also be done there.Pls check out what are the effects of removing the buffer before u want to remove it.

Regards,

K.Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps someone else tried to create customers without your knowing it? You can check if any customers exist within the missing number range e.g. 100004.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KS.Rao.,

After craeting the second custimer have you changed any settings in VN01 ,Where r u creating this the customer master ,i mean in whcih server,in IDES or development or testing

Update me

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi narayana

I have not change any setting in VN01. We are creating in Production Server.

regards,

K.S.Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ks rao.,

The numbers missing are 1002,1003,1004,So once go to XD02 & check if any cutomers are there with in that number range

& go once to SNRO Press F4 go to DEBTORS and check there & check No.of no in buffer,Generally there will be incerase in number range based on the number there

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl check, if the number range is assigned to only one sold to account group, and there are no previous customer already existing .. . then there will not be any number skip. Hope you are not finding any skip now while creating.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KSrao.,

Please be clear with your quostion & if there is a number range skip You may be using the same number range for other account groups & you might have created other ship to party or other business partners

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana

I have assigned to only sold to party account group.

Regards