cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Seeburger modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All XI Gurus,

I want to use seeburger modules to enhance file adapter in EDI >XI>R/3 scenario.I don't have seeburger adapters in my SLD. How can i install these modules and then configure that in file adapter to convert EDI to XML format.

Please give some valuable suggestions to achieve this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

First you need to instal Seeburger BIC and then you should generate the XSD structure of the all yor documents.In Sebbburger BIC mapping designer is generate these type of all the mappings

1)E2X----EDI to XML and X2E ---XML to EDI etc.Seeburger BIC mapping desigener can take care all the tranformatiom of EDI to XML and XML to EDI.once instalitation is finshed, then you can chek with BIC mapping desginer .

Seeburger adapter is the B2B EDI Adapter.Seeburger adapter is also many types adapters:

1)BIC Adapter

2)Split997 adapter

3)AS2 adapter.Based on your usage you have to configure thes adapter.for example

AS2 sender adapte configuration:

1)AS2

2)Asynchor MDN Setting:

a)SSL Certificates and Clint certifactes.

b)SSL host name:HTTP Timeout,MDN Retry interval and MDN Retry count

c)use proxy

AS2 Receiver adapter:

a)HTTP:server ,port ,url and http time out

b)proxy:

c)AS2:Compress,Sign.Encrypt,Sign MDN use proxy and Xi Message

Seeburger Adapter have more funcations:it is very good to Moniter Message.

1)Archiving

2)Message monitor

3)message Spliter

4)Mapping Variable

5)Resource manger

If you nedd any more information regarding the Seeburger ,send your maild then i will send the some more docs to you.

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudeva,

Your answer really helps me to get a bit idea and its valuable, but can you give me some more details on how to install this BIC module on my SAP XI server?

My other queries are: 1) Which version of BIC module do i need to configure?

2)Is this module works for all formats of EDI such as EDIFACT , X12 and others.?I mean it can convert all edi formats to xml or only some particular formats and viceversa.

Please give me these details.

My email id is: anurag583@capgemini.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in my understanding you only need to use the BIC from Seeburger if you want to use other Adapters than the delivered from SAP. Otherwise you can use the conversion agent by Item Field which is also delivered by SAP.

Which Version of the BIC? Well just ask Seeburger that ur interested in buying this and you will get informations.

To make it clear: the BIC module can also be used as a adapter. And as an Adapter it is in the SAP-Pricelist, called Generic Adapter by Seeburger. If u have to do some kind of transformation from EDI to whatever or whatever to EDI u need to buy this Adapter because with this adapter there is also a mapping designer shipped with it. This u have to use for using the BIC Module later on.

Any questions left?!

br Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

If you can, can you please send me some documents on Seeburger for X12 for use with XI/PI. I'm trying to get into Seeburger integration with XI but dont have a clue. I tried for training opportunities with Seeburger, but they dont offer any. I been working with XI for quite some time and used different adapters like conversion Agent, but not seeburger. I appreciate any help. Can you please send the documents to chowdary@hotmail.com?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anurag,

Check this document on how to deploy and import into IR:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e2aeb02c-0601-0010-d680-c9be61ff...

---Satish