cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need SAP 4.7 installation steps on Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to install SAP 4.7 on my laptop. My laptopis Toshiba with Windows Vista, i do not have the chipset drivers.....i like to install SAP 4.7 on my laptop, My configuration is 160 GB HDD, and 2 GB RAM, if i format my laptop and install WIndows 2000, i do not have drivers {display, Network, audio..drivers] , so please help me out in giving the steps to install SAP 4.7 on Windows vista......My e-mail [removed by moderator]

First let me know is it possible to install SAP 4.7 on Windows Vista, because i knew the people who were working with SAP 4.7 on WinXP

bye

Rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajan,

the installation of R/3 is dependent on things like - the DB you are running and services like IIS etc being available....

this is across OSes - and the installation is done on Windows 2000 or 2003 which are server versions - the same can also be done on the CORPORATE edition of Windows XP - if yours is the CORPORATE edition of Vista ( check if IIS is available ) then you can install R/3..

Also you would have to use SAP GUI 710 in order to be able to use the featuresof vista / compatibility etc...

Arun

P.S also please give what DB you intend to use - SQL or Oracle ? and ideally the installation should be done on a server and not on a home edition...

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

r/3 is supported to run on a corporate edition of ms vista? oh, that's new to me....according to the pam (product availability matrix) <b>only windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server are supported to host any of the sap server products such as r/3 or mysap.erp</b>...you can use vista to run the sapgui 7.10 - but that's it!

GreetZ, AH