cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adpater engine on Java Stack ot ABAP stack, ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i m a novice in XI,

may i know where does the adapter engine resides....ABAP stack or java Stack????

and where does all adpters(File, JDBC, IDOC, RFC, HTTP, JMS) are?

what is the relation between adapter engine and adapters.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Check this file on SAP XI Adapter Framework which contains answers of all of your questions:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6f83d790-0201-0010-629d-ab5bf10c...

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>may i know where does the adapter engine resides....ABAP stack or java Stack????</i>

Adapter engine resides on JAVA stack

<i>and where does all adpters(File, JDBC, IDOC, RFC, HTTP, JMS) are?</i>

All adapters of XI except IDOC and HTTP resides on Java stack

IDOC and HTTP adapters resides on ABAP stack

<i>what is the relation between adapter engine and adapters</i>

Adapter engine is the component of XI that helps in transformation of data from one format to another. Adapters r part of adapter engine.

<i>[Reward if helpful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

prateek i have one more doubt.....

<<may i know where does the adapter engine resides....ABAP stack or java Stack????>>>

if some adpater reside in java stack and some in abap stack...then where does this adapter engine resides......or is it like ...there are multiple adapter engines

i have heard adpater engine resides in abap stack, but then why its called j2ee based adapter engine, and then what is adpter framework ......which is ofcourse j2ee based.....

sorry for too many doubts....

Message was edited by:

pankaj rajak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajak,

Listen to this presentation where you will clear some of your doubts on this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/a680445e-0501-0010-1c94-a8c4a... [original link is broken]

Then click on Advanced Courses --> Developing Adapters for the SAP XI Adapter Framework

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Check the page 6 and page 12 onwards in the links that I have mentioned in previous reply.

All adapters except IDOC and HTTP resides at JAVA stack. HTTP and IDOC resides at ABAP stack.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>if some adpater reside in java stack and some in abap stack...then where does this adapter engine resides....</i>

Adapter engine resides only on JAVA stack.

<i>

..or is it like ...there are multiple adapter engines</i>

During central installation, there is only 1 adapter engine.. but if u want u may install decentralize adapter engine on other machines for load sharing. In both the cases, it will reside on JAVA stack

<i>i have heard adpater engine resides in abap stack,</i>

Incorrect

[Dont forget to mark each helpful answers]

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

prateek thanks a lot...

now m i correct if i say...

adapter engine is in j2ee stack, and individual adpaters like file, jdbc are on java stack and some like IDOC and rfc are on abap stack.......

and

<<adapter engine coordinates with all adapters whether they are on abap stack or java stack>>

pls let me know if its correct...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pankaj

U r partially right..

Idoc is only on ABAP stack and not RFC.

RFC is also on JAva stack

<<adapter engine coordinates with all adapters whether they are on abap stack or java stack>>

Yes thats true.

Regards,

Ashwin M

Reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

ashwin 1 doubt,

does adapter engine coordinates/communicates with adpaters on abap stack like http/idoc....

are u sure.....can u verify at ur side and tell me....

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

pankaj,

There would be communication b/w adapters on abap stack and adapter engine.

Only when proxies are used, there would not be a role for AE

regards

krishna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>does adapter engine coordinates/communicates with adpaters on abap stack like http/idoc....</i>

No Coordination.

HTTP/IDOC are part of integration engine only. Nuthing related to adapter engine

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks prateek.....its fine now....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks 4 the your comments Prateek. I was of the conception that there would be a communication.

Regards

krishna