cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Debugging causes VC App to behave differently

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a VC App with some Web Services that collect information about the user and then presents a report. When I run the report and debug the ABAP Webservice the report seems to run fine. When I just execute it (don't debug) it seems to not execute the web services or something in the model. I can't put my finger on it. Any guesses why a VC App would work differently when I debug the ABAP FM Webservice vs. not debugging...?

Thanks,

Ken M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I think your app doesn't work differently. I think you have a model, which works differently. I had it last week, a dropdown is filled dynamicly in a table. The dataservice for the dropdown needs as input another value from the table row. In most cases the value is loaded/shown in the table, when the dataservice for the dropdown is executed but in some cases there is no value so that the dataservice gets "undefined" as value and return nothing.

Maybe you have a similar situation.

Best Regards,

Marcel

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this does sound like the same behaviour. Why would it "Work differently" when debugging vs. just executing without debug?

What is the cause/reason/solution?

Always a roadblock, never a freeway...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

as I have described it depends on how Visual Composer executes RFCs of your model. ATM you can not set a preference so that you will have something like a sequence. In this case sometimes the app works correctly and sometimes not. It has nothing to do with debugging or not debugging.

There is no workaround. You have to redesign your model so that the values are loaded in your model when you need them.

I told this issue Luis last time. I think he will forwarded it to the development. If I get a solution for the problem I will update you.

Best Regards,

Marcel

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow... Speechless... Thanks for the information... And please keep us updated..

Thanks again!

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel, Thanks for the information. I'm just looking for a clearer picture and to help maybe someone else out down the line.

1. What do you mean by it depend on how the VC executes RFC's. Is the model continuing before the Webservice is finished being called?

2. what does ATM stand for?

In my case I'm calling 2 ABAP Webservices consecutively. Is the 2nd one being called before the 1st one is finished?

Thanks again for your sharing your knowledge...

Ken Murray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

1) An example, a dataservice (RFC) fills a table with col1, col2 col3. You add to the table col4 as dropdown and this dropdown is filled dynamicly by a dataservice (RFC) which needs as input the value of col1, then it could be that VC fills the row:

col1, col2, col3 and then fill the dropdown with the RFC and input value from col1

another scenario could be

the dropdown (col4) would be filled first, then col1, col2, col3. In this case the RFC for filling dropdown (col4) gets no value resp. "undefined" because col1 is not filled when the RFC is executed.

This was my scenario. You see it depends on the sequence of RFC execution.

2) ATM = at the moment

In your case it could be that the second one is called before the first one is finished as in my case. It depends on your model.

You can use the external debugging for testing it, when your second WS needs input from the result of WS1 and in the debugging you get undefined as input then you have a similar issue.

Best Regards,

Marcel