Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role - T code Limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How many T codes can be in a role ? is there any limitation ? or can we assign any number of Tcodes ( like 200-300 ) in a single role ? what is sap's recommendation in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

SR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I don't think theres a limitation... and even if you find a limit you can create a 2nd role and join them in a composite role.

Roles can be as big as the funtion they are suppost to support...

Hope this help

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

No restriction as such. Totally depends on business and process requirements.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I don't think theres a limitation... and even if you find a limit you can create a 2nd role and join them in a composite role.

Roles can be as big as the funtion they are suppost to support...

Hope this help

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine, so secuirty & audit point of view it should not be problem ...am i right?

Thanks in advance.

SR

0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

From technical perspective it is not a problem. From security and audit you need to check.That is why I mentioned business and process.

Business and process will drive this thing. I mean for example you create just one role with all MM transactions. In that case you need to assign the same rale to a manager and to a clerk. Not great idea at all. Not only is it a security rissk but also auditors are not gona like it. However if you create a role with lots of transactions that are needed by a manager and another role with transactions specific for a clerk and make correct role assignments then auditors will also approve and from security perspective also it will look good.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

We tried with one typical issue, where there used to be a huge single role equivalent to a DISPLAY ALL role. When some user is assigned this role he does have access to all the 600+ tcodes in that particular role. All is OK, but during the start the user cannot serach any tcode in the user menu.

As since the user menu contains all the 600+ or so Tcodes, the nodes would not be visible and when a user tries setraching for a tcode SAP could not handle such a search and gives a dump.

We tried analysing and even SAP recommended to use diferent roles and not club such large Tcodesinto one role... and have Menu;s created even if we have many Tcodes in one single role.

Hope this input helps...

Br,

Sri

Awward points for helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

There are no limitation on how many tcode on one role. It's absolutely depend on business requirements and technical issue.

ardhian