Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authorization failed.. even with SAP* emergency user..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have just installed EP on my test system. After I changed my J2EE_ADMIN password in the portal to something else (ie. different from the default Java System password I have chosen during installation), I cannot login to the portal (or the user administration console). Perhaps because I didn't change its corresponding password in the secure store? Anyway, I have tried to use the emergency user to resolve the issue, a la the methods described in

However, when I tried to log in to the User Adminstration to fix things up, I cannot log in using the SAP* user and the password I've specify in the config tool! (in C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC<instance_number>\j2ee\admin) I have double-checked to make sure I've followed the procedure correctly (and I've restarted the java system).

Any ideas?? Urgent issue, award with points for help!! Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Charles,

What error are you facing? Also try to login into visual administrator to solve this.

Check this out:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/81/0e0f61b566dc44bbb4055b3ccd25be/frameset.htm.

Regards.

Ruchit

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Charles,

What error are you facing? Also try to login into visual administrator to solve this.

Check this out:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/81/0e0f61b566dc44bbb4055b3ccd25be/frameset.htm.

Regards.

Ruchit

0 Kudos

I tried to login using the visual administrator with sap* and I get the same 'user authentification error'.. is there some log file that I can use to see what's going? This is quite a baffling problem.... Thanks for all your help!

0 Kudos

Hello Charles.,

Please follow the steps given in OSS note 957355.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Thanks alot!! The problem is now solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that if you login with the wrong password three times your acct will get locked, and that if you change the password but didn't change its corresponding entry in the secure store, you may experience some strange user authorization behaviour. However, I've never changed the password for my other accounts (ie. the mss_manager, the ess_employee), yet I couldn't login with those either