cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing a XI WSDL with SAP Portal system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I created a web service in XI to call a RFC and return the data. I tested it with Altova XMLSpy, and it's working just fine.

My Basis team created a "Web Service System using WSDL URL" with the parameters below:

Logon Method: UIDPW

User Mapping Type: admin,user

WSDL URL: http://<server>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<service>:<channel><b>&version=3...;

(The bold text above is automatically added by XI when defining a WS)

The alias was set, and when I test the system connection, the following message is returned:

"Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct."

I've already filled the user mapping properties with a valid user and password, but nothing changed.

Has someone ever had a problem like this? If so, how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Andre Ramos Souza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Alright here we go back to the basics of XML and xml validation using xsd`s.

Please try to google this or try w3schools for xml validation using xsd`s, let me know if you dont find anything and i will try to explain it to you.

Regards

Ravi

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess here its pretty obvious that you couldent connect to the soap client. What is your soap client to which you are trying to connect ?

Also when you tested with xml spy..what did u test, did you give it the xsd to validate against first, ..could you be a bit more specific there.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, you're right. It's clear in this message that the system coldn't connect to the SOAP client.

My SOAP client is a Web Service created in XI.

I didn't understand what you wanted to say about a validation with XSD. Don't you have an example?

Thanks,

André Ramos