Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mitigation in Virsa Compliance Calibrator 5.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laziz,

I've opened a new thread for Mitigation.We are having some issues with creating Mitigation control.

When i goto the tab Mitigation->Mitigation Controls Create that lets me associate risks that requires assignment of monitors in the "Monitors" tab i get a error saying "monitor assignment missing".

Inspite of creating a monitor user through tab Mitigation->Administrators->Create and assigning "All Administrator roles" to it i do not see this ID to automatically show up in "Monitor ID" column under Monitors tab. Is this again a bug?? Is there a patch or sap note for this?? Any pointers will be appreciated...

Thanks

-Murali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

It's a 3-step procedure:

- create administrators;

- create business unit, where you specify both approvers and monitors;

- create mitigation control itself.

I guess you don't have required business unit configured yet, or just forgot to specify their who will play the role of monitors.

As soon as get it configured, your monitors will automatically appear in Mitigation Control's "Monitors" tab.

Hope it helps. If not, let me know and we'll try to check what is wrong.

Best regards,

Laziz

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

It's a 3-step procedure:

- create administrators;

- create business unit, where you specify both approvers and monitors;

- create mitigation control itself.

I guess you don't have required business unit configured yet, or just forgot to specify their who will play the role of monitors.

As soon as get it configured, your monitors will automatically appear in Mitigation Control's "Monitors" tab.

Hope it helps. If not, let me know and we'll try to check what is wrong.

Best regards,

Laziz

0 Kudos

Hi Laziz,

I've followed the 3-step procedure before posting my question in this thread. Here is the scenerio clearly.

1. I created a administrator with Approver & Monitor role and also created another admin with Monitor role.

2. I created a business unit called BS - Basis

3. When I try to create Mitigation Control i get an error "monitor assignment missing" . So i goto Monitors tab inside Mitigation Control -> Create to see if it pulls up my monitor ID or another monitor ID that i created as Administrators.

4. Somehow it doesn't show any monitor in the "Monitor ID column" though i have 2 monitors created as Administrators.

The final crux is due to this monitor ID column not getting populated nor allowing me to make an entry my Mitigation control creation step is incomplete.

let me know if you have faced similar problem.Any pointers appreciated!!

Thanks

-Murali

0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Please, return to step 2 and specify at least one Approver and one Monitor in your "BS-Basis" settings.

Then in step 3 ensure that you select right business unit, i.e BS-Basis. It should populate look-up field for Monitors.

Best regards,

Laziz

0 Kudos

I had the same problem. The solution is to just logoff and re-log back on. You'll notice that when you create approvers they don't really show up until you logoff and log back on. This is true of many things inside CC 5.1. If you have any problems while changing settings, adding new rules, risks. The solution for us has always been to logoff.

0 Kudos

Hi David,

There is a faster option: "Refresh" button in your browser

Yes, sometimes it's necessary to refresh the bufer, to ensure that you have the latest info available in drop-down menus.

Best regards,

Laziz

0 Kudos

Hello Laziz,

I am trying to set up monitors and approvers for mitigations, but when I fill in the fields, then go to save, I get "Invalid Email Address". I've checked the obvious, ie

the email tab in SU01 for the users, account is unlocked and within validity date, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Linda