cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM EBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a requirement from our customer for a e-catalog punch out. What my understanding abt the req is that ..the vendors have a products catalog on their website and we will be accessing their website from SAP, to create our requisitions. Now this is just a high-level understanding what I have.

I would like to know if my understanding is right about e-catalog puchout and also wondering if there is any documentation on this which I can through for some better understading on what needs to be done from the R/3 side to make this happen.

As far as my knowledge goes. this is achieved through EBP and was wondering if someone can provide me with some kind of documentation to start of with and if anyone can send me the EBP cook book it would be very helpful. My email address is vijshastry@yahoo.com

Appreciate your time and help

thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

Didi you get some more informations about this topic? If yes, could please send me ? I would like to undestand more for implement here. My e-mail is raquel_aya@hotmail.com

Appreciate

Thanks very much.

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot jose! I will try this and let you know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel

I am sorry I did not get any other information

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I've just implemented this functionality and I can help you with a few steps:

The vendor punch out catalogs to be used must be <b>OCI</b> (SAP Open Catalog Interface) <b>compliant</b>.

In such a way you will require from Vendors:

Standard catalog call to be used by your costumer is HTTP POST.

Logon Information:

....a. Vendor Catalog URL.

....b. Username.

....c. Password.

OCI Requirements: (9 Elements as minimal example)

....a. NEW_ITEM-DESCRIPTION[n]: 40 characters

....b. NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP[n]: UNSPSC

....c. NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY[n]: Integers only, no partial numbers

....d. NEW_ITEM-CURRENCY[n]: ISO 4217 currency codes, alpha

....e. NEW_ITEM-PRICE[n]: Intel Contract Price. 4 decimal digits.

....f. NEW_ITEM-UNIT[n]: ISO codes

....g. NEW_ITEM-LEADTIME[n]: Integers only, no partial numbers.

........i. Refer to contract for agreed delivery lead times
........ii. If none is provided, current date will be used + 5 days. End-users will update as needed

....h. NEW_ITEM-VENDOR[n]: Supplier ID

....i. NEW_ITEM-VENDORMAT[n]: Supplier Part Number

....j. NEW_ITEM-LONGTEXT[n]: To be used if additional product information must be provided back on the PO

Steps to be done:

....a. Establish a relationship with the business supplier contact to get the required catalog connection info and inform the vendors about OCI Compliant requirements.

....+ b.+ Setup the actual catalog link in EBP via the IMG (SRM Server => Master Data => Define External Web Services) Use type as product catalog, enter the vendor number as the business partner and then maintain the catalog call structure.

Unfortunately I dont have documentation, but I can tell you that it works, I hope this help you.

Regards,

José Luis D

Please reward point for helpful answers