cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages stuck in delivering status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an idoc-xi-ftp scenario with EO quality of service. For the very first tests we set up a file CC using nfs and everything worked fine.

Today I received the info to connect to the FTP server and introduce it on the file CC. The issue comes because some kind of problem writing on the ftp server leaves the messages in status "delivering" (DLNG). While FTP guys try to fix the issue (they don't know where he tissue is right now) I have switch again to NFS with the old configuration in order to allow the users to keep testing.

But the issue comes because now the messages being sent to NFS scenario are marked as to be delivered and they are not processed.

I'm suspicious about the delivering ones and I'd like to cancel, but the cancel button doesn't allow me to do it so I'm hanged in a circle.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

David R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Go to this link and you should be to find some info.

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp

As I am also researching on this link, please share any information in this link

Thanks,

-Naveen.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member216353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, ABAP +Java implies a complete restart of the PI server, which is not recommended in the production environment.

Generally, this case is like a deadlock situation. We will not be able to either resend/cancel the messages in delivering.

So , best option would be to identify which server node these messages are stuck and then restart that server node.

With the server node restart these messages in Delivering are again reprocessed by the server.

Regards,

Younus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to everybody for the help.

Finally I solved on my own restarting the instance. When the instance was shutdown, all the messages in status delivering became to be delivered again.

When the instance was started again, the message was processed again but this time using the NFS parameters instead of the FTP parameters.

Now all the messages (either in "delivering" or "To be delivered") are successfully processed.

cheers,

David R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey David,

Did you restart Java engine?

<b>FYI</b>

BTW, I know that this problem could be solved by restarting Java engine. Infact I have done 3 times when I had similar kind of problem.

Please go through the notes 816022, 813993.

Thanks,

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact I restarted both (ABAP+JAVA) to make sure (since it's the developing instance).

regards,

David R.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

" to be delivered" status may be because of following reasons:

-Receiver is not available

-Queue hang-up: check out SMQ2 for the message queue status

-try to restart the messages from the RWB-->Message Monitoring

-try out the accessibility of NFS folder from the PI server

-Re-activate the Receiver file channel with Receiver agreement..

for more on the Adapter Engine log, you can check this from the Visual Admin- log files

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Check this weblog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

---Satish