Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA - how can I disable child system user record RENAME?

0 Kudos

I have setup CUA. How can I disable SU01/RENAME from the child system? If a user is Renamed directly in the child system, the new record is unlocked and can be edited in the child system. These new records are now out of sync with CUA master data.

I dont see an option for 'rename' in SCUM.

Is this how CUA is supposed to work, or can the rename function be disabled?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

What version are you on? The rename command is disabled in all of the versions I work on.

Also what does your CUA config look like in SCUM (address and logon data tab).

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Ben,

We have installed CUA on solution manager 4.0, the back end (child) system is R3 4.7.

My CUA SCUM shows seperate tabs for Address and Logon data.

On the Address tab Ive set everything to global, its a long list.

On the Logon tab all fields, except for inital password, are set to 'global', inital password is set to 'everywhere', to allow changes directly in the child system.

Just about everything seems to be working, except this RENAME problem. The users are greyed out in the child system, the create button doesnt even exist anymore in SU01 in the child system. Syncing between the CUA and Child systems is working as I expect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick response.

0 Kudos

Scott,

The SCUM settings are good. I don't have access to a 4.7 box right now so I can't check what it looks like.

Seems like everything else looks look.

Cheers,

Ben