Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Calibrator 5.1 Alert File generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I would like to understand how the Compliance Calibrator (CC) 5.1 Alert Generation File is created. I specify a file name in 'Configuration/Miscellaneous/Alert Log Filename & Location', and schedule the job via 'Configuration/Background Job/Alert Generation'. The file is updated daily, but where is the data pulled from? It looks like the data is sorted daily by User ID and tcode. The data looks like it could come from the Security Audit Logs on ABAP instance, but would this be required?

Any technical information would be helpful.

Thank you,

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

There are different types of alerts, which can be generated by Compliance Calibrator:

a) system finds that certain mitigation reports were not run in time;

b) end users executed critical transaction, listed in one of your risks;

c) end user executed conflicting transactions, lsited in one of your risks.

So, the data is pulled from your ABAP system. And it explains why you get the list of user IDs and tcodes.

Please, advise whether it asnwers your question ? And if yes, award the points accordingly

Best regards,

Laziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this does not answer my question. I understand the intended functionality of the application, but I want to know where the data is read from in the ABAP system. We are generating large files with similar information in the Security Audit Logs (SAL), and I believe the CC Alert generation log is gathering very similar information and that the log will grow extremely large. The log appears to be generating transaction use data from all clients with no filtering. I want to know how the file is created so that I can estimate its growth propose a plan for archiving or purging the data.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

CC job retrieves the data which was collected by STAT in your backend (it calls function /VIRSA/ZCC_GET_STATREC_DATA, installed with your RTA agent).. Size of your log file will heavily depend on the frequency of your time schedule

No, it can not get the data from all clients of your backend. Only those clients which were setup in JCo and then enabled in CC are available for the job. And yes, in 5.1 you can not run the job against specific backend (no filtering in this version), info from all systems configured will be collected.

I guess this is an info you are looking for ?!!

Best regards,

Laziz