cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automate importting transport requests?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

In our developement system we got 3 clients.

1.Cleint 100 --> Golden client all developments performed here.

2.Client 110--> No developments.Used by another group.

3.Client 120 --> No developments.Used by another group.

Now, the requirement is, i need to have some batch job to run periodically,which would read all new transport requests created in client 100 and import them into the client 110 and 120.

How do i do that?I am thinking of creating shell script which would call the tp command to import these "TRs" into 110 and 120 client.

But i still need to hear your suggestions on this issue,

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

You need to create transport target group with clients 110 and 120 as entries for This target group should be attached to client 100 of your development.

Then you need to set up consolidation routes between 100 and 110 and 120 respectively.

After that with a import job you can import all the released transport requests to 110 and 120 but this will work only for released transports. Not the modifiable transports.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply.

I am going to have all these configs in place.

But the problem here is how do i import these trs with out any manual intervention?

I need to have some batch job which would wakeup every 30 mins to import all new requests.

Also, since i need to automate this import do i need to use tp command to import these new requests?

Thx

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

You can schedule an automatic import job just like in case of normal transport from dev to qas. As I said this would only work in case you release the transport. Is your requirement for modifiable transports?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

Its only for released requests.

Do you know any sap not which talks about this automation?

Thx

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

I have a feeling you must be aware of transport import jobs. Anyways check this note:398589

Even though it is for some other issue it clearly specifies how an import job should be scheduled via STMS.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Yes i have configured 3 way landscape system and we are using it here.

But this is special requirement and i may need to do some reasearch on that.

Thanks a lot,

Regards

Ram

Answers (0)