cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reuse sap tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Application, i would like to migrate to sap netweaver platform.

In my application is some table, for crm, products, retailer, stock ... the business logic is implemented soon and I would not like to change it.

Question would be, I should build this tables, or I can use some Sap tables.

Another question, is there in Netweaver some example enterprise database?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not want to change your business logic then do not even think about using SAP tables. But if you are open to change to align with SAP then you can think about using some SAP tables which serve the same purpose. But it is not clear from your mail which SAP application you are using. If you are just migrating your application to Netweaver platform ( without any application ) then you can not expect the application tables to exist. I hope you understand that SAP Netweaver platform and SAP applications ( build on Netweaver Platform) are licensed separately.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Than your answer, but I think my question was not clear enough.

We have got a Java application, it get the datas from a Lotus Domino server. We would like to replace the Lotus Domino, to SAP R/3 by the help of NetWeaver. For example we would like sell this application to companys how are allready use SAP.

Off course we would like to rewrite data connection layer, but if it is not necessary we would not rewrite the business logic.

My question is, where can I find a documentation, of existing data tables in sap? When I would like to connect to this tables, should I do it over ABAP programs, or can I connect directly?

Regards,

Péter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As a tool vendor you should not try to replace Lotus Domino with SAP R3 but you should support try to add support for SAP R3. I would rather try to sell a product by saying it supports SAP R3 and Lotus Domino rather than saying it use to support Lotus Domino but now it supports SAP R3. Anyways you are better placed to make these decisions. As far as ABAP tables are concerned, SAP does not provide any documentation on how they have realised their business logic. Most of the time we ABAPers find out tables by doing reverse engineering. You may find follwoing link useful -

www.sapgenie.com/abap/tables.htm

Regards,

Sanjeev

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Peter,

the database you are talking about has around 50.000 tables (when I recall the numbers correctly, as this was a while ago) and you are on the way to invalidate them if you are touching them with anything but the ABAP functionality.

Before continuing I would recommend to get a deeper understanding of SAP software. Ressources are legion -

Regards,

Benny

Answers (0)