cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompletion Procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I want to configure my incomplete procedures so that they flag up with a warning, allow me to create Deliveries and PGI but DO NOT Allow them to be Invoiced, - hence creating a zero valued invoice.

I have set the condition type in the pricing procedure to mandatory, which does flag the order up for incompletion, but does not allow me to create a delivery.

I have an idea that this can be configured with the incomplete procedures but am struggling - please advise

many thanks

T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tony.,

We can save any way the incomplete doccument But it cannot be processed to further transactions,

Thanks & Regards'

Narayana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Incompletion procedures</b>

The sales document data is used as a backbone in SD processing. For this reason, SAP has an incompletion structure that can be maintained to highlight missing data in sales and delivery documents as well as sales activities and partner functions.

IMG&#61664;SD&#61664;Basic fncs&#61664;Incompletion control for sales documents&#61664;Define status groups

In this IMG activity, you use the status groups to define the status of incomplete sales and distribution documents. Then assign the status group to the fields in an incompletion procedure.

An incompletion process inspects the object, such as a sales document line item, and inspects specific fields in order to see if data has been maintained in these fields. Should data not be maintained in these specific fields, the system is told how to respond, that is, does it or does it not give a warning message and to what extent does it allow further processing of the document?

One can create incompletion logs for the following:

Sales doc header data, item data, schedule line data, sales activity data, partner data in sales documents, deliveries, and sales activities, delivery header data, item data.

First one needs to define the status groups. These status groups are eventually assigned to the specific field in the incompletion log.

The status group settings are:

General – sales doc incomplete, but allow to process further

Delivery – delivery doc cannot be saved

Billing – sales and delivery doc incomplete, and billing doc not created

Price – sales doc incomplete for further processing

Goods movement – delivery doc incomplete for further processing

Picking – delivery doc incomplete for further processing

Packing – delivery doc incomplete for further processing

IMG&#61664;SD&#61664;Basic fncs&#61664;Incompletion control for sales documents&#61664;Define incompletion procedures (groups, procedures, fields)

IMG&#61664;SD&#61664;Basic fncs&#61664;Incompletion control for sales documents&#61664;Assign incompletion procedures, ex assign incompletion procedures to sales document types

The following tables can be used in the maintenance of the incompletion procedure:

VBKD – Business data

VBPA - Partner

VBAK – Header data

LIKP – Deliver: Header data

VEDA – Contract data LIPS - Deliver: Item data

VBAP – Item data

VBKA – Sales activities

VBEP – Schedule line data

regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akmal,

Ur ans is excellent.

Pls give me ur email?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tony,

unfortunately I have to tell you that in the standard SAP ERP System you cannot create a delivery to the incomplete sales document. There are no standard Customizing options for doing this. If you would like to chenge this standard system behaviour, you should modify the system.

It is a general ERP design that you cannot create a subsequent document to the incomplete previous document. There is an entry in the table VBUV which should be removed before you create the subsequent document.

So, only modification will allow you to reach your target. I am very sorry that I cannot give you another response.

I hope that this information helps you firther.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support IMS, SAP, Walldorf/Germany