cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the standard ZIP code validation in Registration of Suppliers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can one disable the Postal ZIP code validation in standard Registration of Suppliers page. in SRM 5.0.

It is accessed by standard Function module ' ROS_BUPA_CREATE_PROSP'.

Its throwing errors as it has missed out quite a few validations for some countries.

The ROS application is a BSP application .

Urgent!!!!

Regards,

Gautam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please read this -></b>

<u>Look for these BADIs using SE18 Transaction -></u>

<u>1) ROS_REQ_CUF

2) ROS_BUPA_DATA_CHECK</u>

Using this BAdI - ROS_REQ_CUF, you can define mandatory fields. After the implementation the mandatory fields are displayed on the log-on page with a red asterisk.

Standard settings
-------------------------------
In the standard there is no check of the mandatory fields you have defined. You must program the check yourself by implementing a further BAdI (ROS_BUPA_DATA_CHECK). The mandatory fields defined in the standard cannot be deactivated.

<u>

This BAdI - ROS_BUPA_DATA_CHECK contains two methods for checking and controlling the entries on the self-registration screen in Supply Base Management.</u>

<b>Even if, you want to make changes in the standard SAP function module, you will need SSCR Access Key. But before that, please raise a Customer OSS Message with SAP on this as well.</b>

Hope this will definitely help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I have already implemented the BAdI's you have mentioned, for required fields.

But the issue is i have to disable the mandatory check for Postal code depending on country, which is a standard field in ROS_SELF_REG,,,,, not a customer field, thus ruling out the use of BAdI's .

I need to find out where the piece of code is there in ROS_BUPA_CREATE_PROSP (FM), which, then raise a Customer mesage.

Regards,

Gautam

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Inside the module 'ROS_BUPA_CREATE_PROSP', the module BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA is used to create the business partner with the address. This does the checks on the country.

If the checks are not needed, the best thing is to switch off any sort of checks for the countries in the transaction OY07. Even after this some mandatory checks will be done by the module. If its needed to switch off this, the module 'BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA ' call should be changed with the parameter 'IV_CHECK_ADDRESS' space.

Hope this helps. Thanks, Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Thanks a lot,

but can you please explain how to turn off the checks in the transaction.

and the process how to stop only postal code checks, and other remaining intact.

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As mentioned, using OY07 transaction, for a particular country, say US, you can tick / untick the option

<b>Postal Code required Entry</b>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

as far as I know it is not possible to turn off the standard ZIP Validation.

The field and its validation is new in SRM 5.0, so it is normal, that some

rules were forgotten by development. Best is, to get SAP Development

engaged.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I just want to know, where exactly in the Function module the validation is taking place, due to authorization restrictions I am not able to debugg the application.

Please check in the FM : ROS_BUPA_CREATE_PROSP

Regards,

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please give more details.

At first instance it is possible, Either by making changes at the HTML Template / BSP Pages or by making modification in standard SAP code.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a BSP application: ROS_SELF_REG , where ROS_BUPA_CREATE_PROSP creates the Supplier as a partner.

It is there where the Postal zip code validation takes place depending on the country selected.

Kindly look into the function module.

Regards,

Gautam