cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product allocation in interactive demand planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APO Gurus:

I've faced a problem about product allocation in interactive demand planning. The scenario is like this:

1.We defined two levels for product allocation, say they are sales org and distribution channel. If we maintain product allocation qty as 1000pcs in the sales org level. And then if we maintain the product allocation qty as 2000pcs in distribution level. APO automatically update the qty in sales org level to

2000pcs.

2.So, are there any macros or effective ways to avoid this problem occurs? We don't want it update the upper level automatically? We hope it will restrict the distribution level not exceeding 1000pcs. How can we do that?

Thanks for your kindly advice,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

This is standard behavior of the Planning Book.

To avoid this- Also SAP recommends that you always enter allocation at the lowest level.

*********************************************************************************

When you go to the Product Allocation Planning Book,

Click on the HAT button and then select all your characteristics on which you do allocation.

Now click on the DETAILS ALL instead of the TOTAL Level.

and always enter at the Lowest CVC level.

• I think the characteristics example which you gave might be wrong.

Please be clear about your Characteristics on which you are doing allocation and may be we can help you, If the above does not satisfy your needs

Regards

Kumar P Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar:

Thanks for your kind reply. Cuz we use product allocation to do a rough capacity-based planning, so this function is important for us.

For example, our central planner set the allocation qty for each sales org, then the regional salesmen do the maintenance for distribution channel level. That means in the distribution channel level. the total qty of all distribution channels cannot exceeds the amount of sales org level. When regional salesperson maintain the data for channel level, it should be warned if it exceeds the sales org level qty. Cuz it'll cause capacity issue.

Hope you could understand my explanation. I've tried use macro function. fixc(), to do that but failed. So are there any other solutions for us? Thanks anyway.

Best Regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about using 2 different keyfigures: 1 to be maintained on sales org level and the other 1 of distr. chanel? At the end, with a macro, you can identify deviation and all identified CVCs need to be checked and a final decision to be done.

cheers

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you consider an option to use "Fixing"? We had a similar requirement which we solved using Fix/Unfix. ie Top level planner will Fix the quantity across different sales regions. In each sales region's and Unfix and maintain.

-Shibu

Thanks for rewarding the points if this is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shibu:

Could you please specify the detail setting of the "fixing" function? I cannot find where it is. Or give me some steps to solve this problem. Your kindly reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & best regards,

Scott Chen

Answers (0)