cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Hold and the Passing of Requirements through MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing a new process by which instead of putting a sales order directly on a plant which will do the assembly (and where the production order is created), we putting a process in place where we place a sales order on Plant XXXX, but after MRP runs, the requirements will be passed on to Plant YYYY, where a Production Order will be created.

The issue we have run into is that even though the sales order may fail the credit checks, once MRP is executed the requirements to go create the production order are passed on to Plant YYYY. We do not want this to happen. Our goal is to put something in place which will prevent the passing of requirements once MRP is executed UNTIL the sales order has been released from credit hold.

One thing we were thinking of doing was putting a user-exit in place to change the schedule line category from CP to CN to prevent the requirements from being passed on (when the order was on credit hold) and then changing the schedule line category to CP (once it was released from credit hold). However, this seems very messy to accomplish. I would think there would be a better way of getting this done, as opposed to changing the schedule line categories on the order.

I have read several threads that discuss using a VOFM routine to satisfy my requirement, but am unclear as to where this would be implemented and how would it prevent the requirements from being passed when MRP is executed. If anyone can shed some light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member810095
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

you can review the note 744305, which contains some hints how to prevent MRP requirements for the credit blocked sales orders.

Hope, It helps you.

Best regards,

Lela