cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding B@B in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body expalin me with one scenario what is B2B. Xi addresses B2B integration solution.What does it mean exactly. and what is interoperability.

Regards,

Prem.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

B2B - Business to Business

Where the exchange of information between two different Parties or companies or land scape,

The major differentiation would be that in B2B you would go and create Party and then configure your scenario.

Ref these weblogs to have an idea of how a B2B scenario is configured and how you can relate a party to a scenario.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

B2B means that you communicate over the internet

(with some business partner )

that's all

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Can u be more clear about the example which u have taken.

Regards,

Prem.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

B@B--> Communication b/w across applications in different landscape across the company firewall thru XI

For eg, Company A having a web application might want to push "DATA A" to an R/3 system in company B

Regards

Krishna

Message was edited by:

Krishnamoorthy Ramakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I think the solutuion which u have given is for A2A, because the example which u taken is data is sharing between two different applications. Correct me iam wrong.

Regards,

Prem.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.

The moment i mentioned Company A and Company B, it become B2B

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Can you think of a more simple definition??

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Then can u explain what is A2A.

Regards,

Prem.S

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A2A is application to application: when two applications in a company talk to each other we call it an A2A scenario and if its across Companies we call it B2B or buisness to buisness scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

B2b-> One companies <b>Business</b> to Other Companies<b> Business</b>

A2A-> One Companies <b>Application</b> to another<b> Application</b>

btw, did you know that you offer some sweets whenever someone answers your question??:)

Regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

So u mean to say if the data is shared within the company we call it as A2A , if the data is share between two different companies then we call it as B2B. My question is what is need of application sharing within the organisation.

Regards,

Prem.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

it depends

a company might be having an old legacy application which might have data that needs to be moved to an R/3 machine..

regards

krishna