cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP Netweaver sneak preview license error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have appiled and recieved a license from SAP. When I tried to install it using saplicense command, I got the following error. Please help, I am not sure how to set the dbms_type and DIR_LIBRARY environment variables. I am using MYSQL and installed the NW portal under Windows XP professional SP2.

C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386>saplicense -install ifile=c:\j2e dbms_type=maxd

b DIR_LIBRARY=\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386

• SAPLICENSE (Release 700) ERROR ***

ERROR: Can not set DbSl trace function

DETAILS: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) failed with return code 20

RC-INFO: error loading dynamic db-library - check environment for:

dbms_type = <db-type> (e.g. ora)

DIR_LIBRARY = <path to db-dll> (e.g. /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run)

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

I switched to use j2eadm acct to run saplicense -install ifile=licensefile. It seems the environment variables are set correctly by default but it complains about database connection this time. Here are the error message:

C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386>saplicense -install ifile=c:\j2e

• SAPLICENSE (Release 700) ERROR ***

ERROR: Connect to database failed

DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99

SQL-ERROR -4008 (check DB manual for explanation)

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wing,

I am not too much of an expert with Java alone systems but I found this OSS note for you: 870871.

It states that in your case license needs to be applied via visual administrator.

The SAPLICENSE utility as OS level is not used any more with higher releases in case of ABAP or ABAP+Java stack. Seems this extends for Java only systems as well.

Anyways this note states the proceedure to do it and mentios only visual administrator settings.Please check it out

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Visual Administrator seems to solve my problem, I am able to import the license file thru license adaptor in Visual Administrator. Just want to share with you that I need to start the J2EE server even only some processes are running, otherwise, you won't be able to connect thru Visual Administrator.

best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wing,

It is great that it is solved. Thanks for information as well.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wing,

Please dont use the OS utility saplicense. Instead use transaction SLICENSE at SAP level. That you solve the issue.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops you dont have ABAP stack. So the OS utility needs to be used. In case of Windows environment variables can be set as follows:

Right click on My Computer--->Properties>Advanced--->Environment variables.

Regards.

Ruchit.