cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with java webstart. Getting password needed popup. Help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting the password needed pop-up every time while trying to load integration repository or directory in the browser. The popup also displays Realm as 'Jars Download Protected Area'.

I have followed suggestions from basis on clearing the java temporary files from control panel. I have even shutdown my machine and restarted several times but all in vain.

I have jre 1.4.2 in my machine. This problem exists even with the newer java versions.

Kindly help us to get the root cause and resolve this problem permanently.

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it seems to be a problem with the Browser proxy setting that Java web start is picking up by default.

go to preferernces and set the proxy to none.

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi amol,

I am using Internet explorer. Where do I check the proxy settings?

Thanks

Gopal

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Proxy has to been set none in Java web start not in IE.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Your browser settings might be restricting you to access web start every time and asking for your authorization before it logs on. Try to access your XI Server from some other machine and check that are you still getting the same issue:

To access XI Server use this path:

http://<xiserver name of IP Address>:<J2EE port number>/rep/start/index.jsp

You can check proxy settings in : Open Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet options -> Go to Connections tab -> Lan Settings.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

To me the problem seems to be in ur network rather than the version of JRE.

As per my knowledge when we start IR/ID for the first time the jars are loaded and stored on ur machine in a folder the path of which u can see in Preferences--> advanced --> application folder.

so there seems to be a problem in downloading from server. probably it team of ur organization can help in this.

regrds,

latika.