cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script - one form for many languages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to develop SAP Script one form (SE71)which works for multiple languages i.e English, Portugese, Spanish..etc for a given customer rather than one form for each language.

How can i do this? Please help me with the basic steps.

thanks

Dany

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

You mean to say the data to be diaplsye din the form can be in multiple languages.

There is a option in SE71 transaction - Language attributes - here you can set original language and click radiobutton for Translate to All languages.

Regards

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry I am not asking about how to translate the verbiage. I want to know how & where do i write the code( in print program or in se71 ??? ) for the form to get triggered based on the language of text elements..etc? How to start with it

thanks

Dany

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can develop a form in English language(as original language) and maintain standard text in different language.

Ex: IF Company code = 'UK11'.

Display standard text in Language english.

ELSEIF CC = 'Spanish'.

Display Standaed text Language 'Spanish'.

ENDIF.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Reward points for all useful answers.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Ram,

Where do i specify the code for the IF conditions and display ..etc as posted in your reply?

thanks

Dan

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use IF condition inside your Form.i.e, in the window which you want to display standard text.

Regards,

SaiRam

dev_parbutteea
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Developing SAPScript in different languages</b>

You can goto transaction SE63 and translate the scripts into different languages.

In SE63, click Translation -> Long Texts -> Sapscripts -> Forms

Those language you can convert to have already been pre-installed in the system.

SE63 is the best way to translate since it offers check options.

However, it does not mean that it is 100% full proof that everything is correct.

Regards,

Sooness