cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password won't save during jco connection creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

While trying to create JCo destination, I save the user id/password in the user authentication step. However, whenever I go back to view the setup or try to test the connection the password is not saved and I have to re-input. Has anyone else experienced this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input.

I am still experiencing the issue. More specifics:

I am trying to set up the SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData system, which requires a user ID/password be mapped. I am able to successfully create the system, but the password will not save. I know this is the case because when I press the 'Test' button I get:

(103)RFC_LOGON_FAILURE:Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter.

Moreover, when I log into SU01 in the R/3 backend and view the report of users with unsuccessful logins the user id I am attempting to logon with has its # of unsuccessful logins increased by 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon

Can you try with a communication user (used only for communication no login from gui). What version of WAS are you using?

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried both a dialogue and communication user. I copied SAPCPIC and gave it sap_all and sap_new in case that was the issue.

Version 6.4 Patch level 89291.313

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

RFC_LOGON_FAILURE. Try entering the password in CAPS and then test it. From SP11 there was a problem that you needed to type your password in capital letters only until a patch was applied on SAP side. Check and let me know.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon

What is the version of the J2EE you are using. If you are using SP11 then try giving the password in uppercase when creating the jco connecton.

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

Did you check that this username and password is working properly at R/3 side?

If it is working fine at R/3 side then what are the roles assigned to this User.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was it! I put in a password in ALL CAPS and my test was successful. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

From SP11, you have to enter the password in UPPER CASE. Please go through the note SAP note # 810621. This should help you.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

Where it is asking to re-input the username and password??

At the time of executing the application it gives login page?

If yes, then it is the different thing.It ask for authentication to execute this application.

If no then where it gives? Does it give any errors?

Let me know.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon

I have seen this in the early days of WAS (SP4 I think).

But this is not the case with the newer versions. However in newer versions the password field is shown as blank when previewed eventhough they actually exist

Regards

Pran