cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access J2EE via ICM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after the installation of SPS20 on a WAS 6.40 system, I´m not able to access the J2EE startpage via the icm (http://:8000)

Via port 50000 everything looks fine.

ICM is running. All parameters look the same as in our QA system, where the access works.

Any ideas??

thanks in advance

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its simple Mike & Jan....just do a Hard Shutdown(without restart) of J2EE global cluster through ICM. Check after a minute or so, that, you are not getting the WebConsole/j2ee index page for confirming that the cluster is indeed shutdown. Then log off.

Stop all SAP services. Restart your server (the machine itself....not any instance). Now i will tell you what I did with my Windows (you can do the similar process in your AIX). I opened the SAPMMC(management console) through which i control the services. I started all the instances. It takes a bit of time for the J2EE applications to start completely. I get the status through the dispatcher+work.exe in my SAPMMC. Once I got the status that all J2EE apps are running, I logged in and checked ICM. Everything was updated.

I was in the same situation as you before i did these steps

Hope it helps

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have applied the fixes from SAP note 1068501 to three XI systems now and on two of them the access via the ICM was still not working.

I then made some comparisons with the other system that was working and have found that the following needed to be done:

SICF > (F8) > default_host > sap > public > bc > its > ensure that all the following services are active: designs, mimes and mobile.

After the above was done, the access via the ICM port was working.

I hope this information helps.

Regards

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Are you able to restart the J2EE cluster thru SMICM .

Also check this note.

634006 ICM messages explanatory note

773830 - FQHN determination in ICM

Also

Activate all the service in SICF.

especially

/sap/bc

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m able to restart the engine through SMICM.

I´m able to test services like icr_groups (sap/public/icf_info).

but I´m not able to call a webdynpro application via port 8000.

It seems that the ICM serves the requests for abap but not for j2ee??

thank you

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan -

I ran into this same problem following Sp20 upgrade. Were you able to resolve this? In my case, I noticed that in the ICM > HTTP Server - Display Data, I have

Default root access handler = ABAP

This was set to 'J2EE' prior to the SP20 application. I found on SAP Help that this setting is actually determined by parameter <b>is/HTTP/default_root_hdl</b>.

This parameter is currently set to 'j2ee' (as is default), but it appears as though for some reason the Message Server/ICM is mis-reading this value? Could be a bug? Looks like it may warrant an SAP OSS Message.

Have you been able to figure this one out?

Thanks,

Michael Harding

SAP Basis/Netweaver Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

I opened a SAP message and they told me that this error indeed is a bug. SAP is now working on a fix.

If I get an answer and a solution, I'll post it here.

Rerards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent. Thanks for the information!!!

I assume this will be fixed in the form of a kernel update? And likely an SAPNote will be released accordingly.

Thanks,

Michael Harding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan, got any info on the fix? Is there anyway we can rollback to SP19 till we get the bug fix since its critical for me to get the WebAS up soon?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, no answer yet. We are waiting for it desperately, too.

I´ll post it here, if when there is a reply to the message.

regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Thanks Jan</b>,

I am facing 2 things which I want to check with on your side and <b>Michael Harding's</b>:

1. I am now not able to access http:/<sys-name>:50000/ or http://<sys-name>:50000/me/WebConsole

2. I am not able to update the J2EE engine/stack. I will give a brief description of what I did:

In ICM I am getting the following:

When I use

Goto->HTTP Server->Display Data

I get the following:

ABAP Server operational=TRUE

J2EE Server configured =False

J2EE HTTP port =

J2EE HTTPS port=

J2EE Server operational=False

Default Root Access Handler=ABAP

<b>But I had installed Java Add In for ABAP and was able to access the WebConsole and J2EE index page prior to SP import.</b>

I had done the base installation of SAP Web AS from the CDs and imported the patches from SP11 to SP 20 of BASIS and ABAP one by one.

After the import of ABAP SPS 20 and BASIS SPS 20, I am not able to update the J2EE part. I had extracted the following files into two folders

SAPINST20_0-20000118 - (Folder - SAPINST-CD)

CTRLORA20_0-20000118 - (Folder - SAPINST-CD)

J2EERTOS20_0-20000118 - (Folder - J2EE-RUNT-CD)

J2EERT20_0-10001982 - (Folder - J2EE-RUNT-CD)

After this I tried to import the Support Package using sapinst.exe from

\J2EERT20\SAPINST-CD\SAPINST\NT\I386

The installation stops with the following error log(i give below the last three messages in the log):

<b>INFO 2007-06-20 12:13:02</b>

Removing file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\PATCH\ORA\install\lib\iaik_jce_export.jar.

<b>ERROR 2007-06-20 12:06:41</b>

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: in function () { if (!this.hasJ2EE()) { installer.writeTrace("Can't determine JAVA_HOME of instance " + this.getName() + ": no J2EE engine installed."); return undefined; } var fmgt = new FileMgt(); var instanceProfile = this.getProfile(); var javaHome = instanceProfile.get("jstartup/vm/home"); if (javaHome) { return javaHome.value(); } var pname = this.getDirInstance() + "/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties"; var pNode = fmgt.getNode(pname); ASSERT_DEFINED(arguments.callee, pNode, "pNode(" + pname + ")"); var stream = pNode.getFileStream("READ"); ASSERT_DEFINED(arguments.callee, stream, "stream(" + pname + ")"); var props = new R3Profile(stream); for (var it = props.propertyNames(); !it.isDone(); it.next()) { var p = it.get(); if (p.name().indexOf("JavaPath") != -1) { return p.value(); } } ASSERT(arguments.callee, false, "no property with JavaPath in its name found in file " + pname);}no property with JavaPath in its name found in file D:\usr\sap/PIC/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties

<b>ERROR 2007-06-20 12:06:41</b>

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

<b>WARNING 2007-06-20 12:13:03</b>

The step checkIfSafeModeIsEnabled with step key ApplySupportPackage|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|6.30|0|PatchJ2eeEngine|ind|ind|ind|J2EE_Engine|6.30|0|checkIfSafeModeIsEnabled was executed with status ERROR.

Is the problem I am facing because of the bug in SP20 for sure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

SAP has just replied.

please have a look at sap note #1068501

regards

Jan Hoffmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan -

Were you able to get this patch to work? I just tested it, unsuccessfully. I also looked at accompanying Note 1048692, which doesn't appear to specifically refer to this ICM issue (i.e., not 'forwarding' to J2EE stack).

Also, I notice that the ICM parameter is still set incorrectly (ICM > Go To > HTTP Server > Display Data: Default root access handler = ABAP), despite the fact that is/HTTP/default_root_hdl is set to 'J2EE'.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mi Mike,

yes, our problems are really fixed with this patch.

have you compaired the profiles of the instance? maybe there is a difference between default and instance profiles? restart of ICM or J2EE?

in my system both values are set to J2EE.

regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SMICM check the following.

a. Go To --> HTTP Server --> Display Data.

If it is a ABAP / JAVA System.

HTTP Application Server Handler

ABAP Server operational = TRUE

J2EE Server configured = TRUE

J2EE HTTP port = 50000

J2EE HTTPS port = 50001

J2EE Server operational = TRUE

Default root access handler = J2EE

URL Prefix Table loaded = TRUE

b. SMICM

Go To --> Services

We can see the HTTP port and SMTP port. Check whether HTTP port is active or not. If not Activate it.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you.

All of the above settings are normal. All services active.

This is an extract of the icm-tracefile:

IcmPlCheckRetVal: Next status: WRITE_RESPONSE(4)

IcmHandleNetRead(id=0/155): read_len: 473, HandleNetData returned: 4

IcmReadFromPartner(id=0/155): read with maximum timeout 500

IcmReadFromPartner(id=0/155): request new MPI (0/0)

MPI<172>3#3 GetOutbuf -1 111868 65536 (0) -> 700000070111888 0
NiIPeek: peek successful for hdl 23 / socket 34 (r)

IcmReadFromPartner(id=0/155): connection broken (len=0,0)

ConnPoolCloseNiHdl:
Pool Entry: 115142fa0:
NI: 23, SSL: 0, allocated: 1, inuse: 1, desc: 110b0fcd0
NiICloseHandle: shutdown and close hdl 23 / socket 34
IcmReadFromPartner(id=0/155): connection broken (buf_used=0)
PlugInStopConn: role: 1, error: 0, write_err: 1
HttpSubHandlerItActivate: handler 0: HttpCacheHandler
HttpSubHandlerCall: Call Handler: HttpCacheHandler, task=3, header_len=0
HttpCacheHandler: 3 0 1101b6258 110ab35f0
HttpSubHandlerItActivate: handler 1: HttpSAPR3Handler
HttpSubHandlerCall: Call Handler: HttpSAPR3Handler, task=3, header_len=0
HttpSubHandlerItActivate: handler 2: HttpJ2EEHandler
HttpSubHandlerCall: Call Handler: HttpJ2EEHandler, task=3, header_len=0
HttpJ2EEHandler called: task=3
ConnPoolCloseNiHdl:
Pool Entry: 115142fa0:
NI: -1, SSL: 0, allocated: 1, inuse: 1, desc: 110b0fcd0
IcmConnPoolFreeEntry: free conn pool entry 115142fa0[0] in pool 110b0fbf0 (nihdl=-1, ssl=0)
MPI<171>2#7 Close( 2 ) del=0 -> 0
MPI<171>2#9 Delete( 2 ) -> 0
MPI<171>2#8 Close( 2 ) del=1 -> 0
MPI<172>3#4 Close( 3 ) del=0 -> 0
MpiIFreeAllBuffers(): free 1120360
MPI<172>3#6 Delete( 3 ) -> 0
MPI<172>3#5 Close( 3 ) del=1 -> 0

NiIShutdownHandle: shutdown -w of hdl 8 / socket 33

NiIPeek: peek successful for hdl 8 / socket 33 (r)

NiICloseHandle: shutdown and close hdl 8 / socket 33

IcmConnClose: Connection 0/155 closed

IcmConnFreeContext: context 0 released

it seems that the icm isn´t able to connect to the java dispatcher??

thanks

Jan