cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing sc file in NWDS without NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can i import a SC file containing ESS DCs in NWDS to modify a webdynpro provided by SAP. I don't want to install NWDI because i only need to an sall modification in a webdynpro. Is that possible? How can i do that?

Thanks in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In ERP 2004 solution, SAP delivered the new ESS Solution that is WebDynpro based. To give all the ESS applications (including ESS country version services) similar UI they came up with a framework and called it FPM Framework.

FPM - The floorplan manager (FPM) is the central part of the XSS Business Package(along which its provided). It can be said to be the base of all self sevices. Any WebDynpro application that implements FPM is known as FPM Application. So all the ESS Applications in ERP 2004 are FPM applications.

FPM provdes 4 basic interfaces that are implemented by the Self Services WebDynpro Applications,

1) IVAC (for the Visual Application Component - Vc)

2) IBLC (for the Business Logic Component - Fc)

3) IXssAppConf ( for the Configuration Component - Cc)

4) IFPM (It gives the self service application access to the FPM and its utility classes)

All these above interfaces are provided with FPM Development Component xssfpm. Apart from this there are some other central components that are used by many ESS application which are provided in xssutils DC.

All the ESS WebDynpro application use the above two components in the Used DC section of their dc.

If you want to modify any ESS Application, you need to have the source code of these XSS DC's as well in your Design Time, else it will give you build errors.

For this you need to have a JDI setup since the ESS and XSS are provided in two different tracks of DTR.

As far as I know because of the used dependency of ESS Applications, using JDI is the best (and only) option to modify the ESS WebDynpro Applications.

And then implementing the JDI, helps in version management plus lot of other advantages which you can find in SAP Help.

Hope this answers ur question

Regards

Krishna

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no you cannot see the code without a NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to have DTR for source code . use NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!!

The problem is we do not have NWDI installed yet.

Can we explore the code in any other way?

Thanks,

Madhavi

Message was edited by:

Madhavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to import the ESS package for customizing into NWDS. I tried using the Portal System Administration and exported the ess package, but that did'nt export th source code.

I would appreciate if anyone can let me know how to import the Source code of ESS into NWDS.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

second answer from a slightly different angle: No, it is not possible.

In the first place: How would you get the sources that you want/need to modify? The SCA only contains an export blob from DTR, so you would at least need a DTR to get the sources into a usable format.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer