cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Apply to' combobox in an action tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have two forms : FormA and FormB. Each form have a button with a same name and a same custom action name. In the tab 'Action' of my button properties in FormA, I select FormB in the combobox of the field 'Apply to'. At runtime, when I click on the button of the FormA, the button of the FormB is not clicked.

I would like to know if the 'Apply to' option is working for 'Self' only ?

Best regards

Francois

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

why do you need two buttons? It seems for me that you want to fire two events with one button. You have to define for your button an action, e.g. "fire" and then add the events to your two transitions "*fire", so that both events will be fired with one button.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I expose my problem.

In the FormA (in reality it's a table View), I have a toolbar with a button. The action of this button call a popup iView which update database and at return of this popup I update my FormA with a timer. This popup return a boolean flag which indicate if the timer must call my web service or not. So, at the beginning, the FormA don't contain any rows and the timer will not call my web service because there are not any rows which can contain the return flag of my popup.

To resolve this problem, I think to create a FormB (a form view) with a button (same name and action that the button in the toolbar of the FormA) and a hidden text field. Now, FormA don't call the popup iView, it's FormB which do it.

So, when I click on the button (in toolbar) of the FormA, I would like apply ('Apply to' option in button properties of the FormA) this action to the button of my FormB to call the popup iView and, when this popup iView return a flag, this flag will be store in a hidden text field of the FormB. The timer look at the value of this hidden text field and will call my web service or not to update the FormA.

But the 'Apply to' option for another form (not self) don't work.

I hope you understand my expression

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried with the guard condition. Your timer can work on it to whether execute web service or not to execute it .

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Precisely, the guard condition of the timer depends the value returned by the popup iview.

regards

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the following is yur requirement, I have a workaround.

"In the FormA (in reality it's a table View), I have a toolbar with a button. The action of this button call a popup iView which update database and at return of this popup I update my FormA with a timer. This popup return a boolean flag which indicate if the timer must call my web service or not. So, <u>at the beginning, the FormA don't contain any rows and the timer will not call my web service because there are not any rows which can contain the return flag of my popup</u>."

workaround : You have to pass initial values usig Start Point. To trigeer timer only once during first execution, you can use Data Store.

1. You have to maintain a flag in the Data Store

2. You have to add one more condition with OR operand

( Eg: <existing condition> OR <datestore = 1>)

3.Change the flag value to 0 when timer is tiggered. (You can CONNECT timer linkto datastore to assign 0 )

4. With these steps, your table will have initial data.

Thanks

Venkata Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you all for your help. I'll try the last answer in my model.

Best regards

Francois

Answers (0)