cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't crate task file; SAP R/3 4.7 Installation, ORacle9i, Sun Solaris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Am doing Remote instllation through Windows desptop.

While installing Database instance at Database load (Porst Processing) step encountered error MSC-01004, Couldn't crate task file /oracle/SID/ora<sid>/sapdata/SAPSSEXC.TSK.

Details are :

User: Root

Pwd: /oracle/SID/ora<sid>/sapdata/

Any body faced problem like this...

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Files in original CDs are in lower case and system looking for files in UPPER case.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nope, files on CD are NOT in lowercase. You failed to read the installation document, it clearly states that you must mount the CD with option "nomaplcase", This option will use uppercase whenever it is on uppercase on the CD. If you do not choose that option, Unix will show all files from that CD in lowercase, even if they are uppercase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for responses.

I found the resolution. The funny thing is while installation system looking for files in UPPER case where as the original CDs contain file names in lower case.

Once I changed to Upper case, Installation progressed.

Regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the installation switches user, check if <sid>adm has write permission to that directory.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems to be a permission problem.Just check if you have loged in with all rights user.Try logging in as ORA<SID> and continue the installation, it should work