cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg mi with xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

please answer

1.What are the different ways in which XI can fetch bulk data from a non SAP system (like oracle)?

2.Can XI after fetching data from non-SAP system like oracle put data in sap tables in SAP R/3 backend?

3. In which different format XI can make the fetched data available to MI Server?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1.What are the different ways in which XI can fetch bulk data from a non SAP system (like oracle)?</i>

From database - XI uses JDBC adapter

For many files - XI uses file adapters

2. Can XI after fetching data from non-SAP system like oracle put data in sap tables in SAP R/3 backend?</i>

Yes. JDBC adapter will be used at both the ends. So ur scenario will be JDBC-XI-JDBC

3. In which different format XI can make the fetched data available to MI Server? </i>

XI can communicate with MI when MI provides data as File, Database, a URL to post data, as Webservice etc

<i>4. like by using stored procedures or by using select statements we can fetch data am i right.</i>

Yes, this is how JDBC sender adapter works... polling the data from database

<i>5. After fetching the data we can put the data through idocs.</i>

Yes, as Idocs or RFCs

<i>[Reward if helpful]

</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Please make a note,

Direct update to SAP Tables is never recommended.

To update SAP tables, the ideal way is to use inbound (server) proxies.

if you have a function module(RFC enabled) to update those tables you can access those in 3 diff ways.

1) Use RFC adapter in the receiver end.

2) Use Server Proxy and call that Function module

3) Expose that function module as web service and consume that service using SOAP adapter in XI.

I hope this makes sense..:)

Regards

Pushkar

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

1. XI can fetch the bulk data from non sap system using the file adapter. File format should be any txt, xml, excel, pdf, word etc.

it can also fetch the data from the data base using the jdbc adapter

2. yes after fetching the data from non sap, it can put the data in the sap tables using the jdbc adapter

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir

i have some small doubt,

like by using stored procedures or by using select statements we can fetch data am i right.

After fetching the data we can put the data through idocs.

is it the correct way?

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Yes you are right. You can directly update the data in the database using the stored procedures or by using dml commands, we can retrive and update the data.

We can update the data in the SAP using IDOCs also.

Cheers..

Vasu