cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining usage dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've imported two SWCV into the IR, I defined a new dependency between them and tried to update the view

in the IR.

I've cleared the SLD cache and performed an "update application component" and nothing happens... I also tried to reimport the SWCV and it didn't help.

What am I doing wrong ?

I have two more questions:

1. What is the difference between "Installation time" and "build time" dependencies ?

2. Previously I succeeded once to define such dependencies, but I acted as mentioned above... also the "basis objects" node appered only in one SWCV even though the documentation explicitly mention that the dependency should be two-way...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/49/1966e569cd3896e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Answers your first question--->

You use the Build Time context to specify that the SCs can be used to compile your objects.

You use the Installation Time context to specify that the chosen SCs must exist in the runtime system where you want to run the application. The SCs used in this example exist by default on the AS Java.

Answers your second question--->

I think you need to define dependency in each SWC for the objects to be visible to each other.

Within this link above, there is another link which explains dependencies really well.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/48/b682c796655295e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

sapstern
Participant
0 Kudos

In IR open the SWCV in edit mode. Then goto "Tools" -> "Update SLD Information". Save SWCV.

cdumont69
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

To see if the dependency work you can create one namespace and see if it appear in your dependant component.

I forget the difference between "Build time" and "installation time" but I remember that you can only use "Installation time" because "build time" doesn't work today.

I find in help.sap.com that you dependency is in two way but I have never seen it. I think you can define two dependency one on each component to create the two way.

Regards,

Chris