cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Address Required Field Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying to make a field on the ESS Address screen mandatory. Viewed the Web Dynpro Java Code and updated the label to required - which put the * next to the label on the screen, however I cannot see where the validation check exists.

Do I have to validate the code in web dynpro and if so where or is it a ABAP issue?

Have read in other postings (e.g. ) that the required fields can be updating in the table V_T588MFPROPC. I'm unsure if this is correct as a required field 'City' does not exist in this table, which is a mandatory field. Also what values should I enter and how is the error message format created?

Thanks

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

Validation will occur in R/3 not in the Web Dynpro.

The field name used in V_T588MFPROPC is somewhat unlikely to correspond directly to "City". If you check in PA20 the technical fieldname for city, I think you may find that P0006-ORT01 exists?

Hope this helps, let us know and I look a bit further.

Cheers,

Chris

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian,

Your solution did work . Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am on EP7.0, NW04s and ERP05 and want to make the Social Security field on the Family Members Detail(Edit) screen mandatory.. I have already set the state of the InputField to "required" now how do I display a message when a user enters nothing for that field...?

Actually I am not able to find where the code is written for making First name and Last name mandatory on the same scree..

Looking forward to your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

The mandatory fields code is not found in the webdynpro (and if it is I haven't changed it). So here is the process I followed to create mandatory fields.

Open SAP GUI

transaction SM31

open table V_T588MFPROPC

select work area 0021 (i used 0006 for addresses but you will probably use 0021 for personal data)

Enter a new entry (i used 13 for AU, mysub types (not sure if you need one for each type, maybe blank might cover all), P0006 (you would probably use P0021), Field Name, tick RF)

Save and test on the portal.

To find the field name I opened my user details (transaction PA20), opened addresses, selected the field pressed F1 then selected the technical information and found STRAS for house and street no.

To view the SAP standard mandatory fields look at table

V_T588MFPROPS

You will probably find your First and Last names in there.

Hope it helps

Regards

Brian

If you need screen shots then let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info guys, I've rewarded points. The back-end configuration is what I was required to carry out.

Thanks

Brian

former_member246893
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Brain,

You can do this by:

Open the essXXaddr (XX is the country code) WDynpro application in NWDS and then go to Web Dynpro > Web Dynpro Components > VcPerAddressXXDetail > Views > Detail View ... and double click on Detail View

In the Layout ... Select the required field that you want to make it as mandatory and in the properties(below) of that particular field,

set the STATE Property as required.

This will provide a * mark in red color in the detail screen.

Save the project, Build and deploy to see the changes in the portal

Reward with points

Regards, Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting the attribute of field as required will only add a * mark in front of it.

If you want to make it mandatory in WebDynpro code then please go through the <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/wd%20java/wd%20tutorials/a%20simple%20input%20form%20with%20message%20and%20error%20service%20support.pdf">following link</a>.

As said by you many of the HR screens field attributes can be configured in SPRO.

SPRO - Personal management - Personal Administration - Customizing UI - Change Screen Modifications.

Hope this helps you.

We can do that setting in backend then thats fine else you can do that in WebDynpro.

Regards,

Nagaraju Donikena.

Regards,

Nagaraju Donikena