cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data element automatically gets deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sapiens,

I am working with invoice form rvinvoice01.i have cretaed my own invoice form editing standard one. i have included all the data elements in the main window as in the standard one .but when i print the invoice in vfo2 it is showing data element mnot defined in main window.

if i see that in se71 the data elemt gets deleted automatically .every time i am including it and saving it but it gets deletyed .what to do.?????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

Are you talking about data element or text elements recognized by the paragraph format /E?

I feel you are dealing with text elements. See if you define a text element in script

using the paragraph format /E, make sure when you are calling from print program using WRITE_FORM fm you mention the same text element name under ELEMENT.

Award points if found useful.

Regards

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

SORRY INDER I AM TELLING ABT TEXT ELEMENTS ONLY...

I HAVE EDITED THE STANDARD FORM.I HAVE JUST INCLUDED SOME MORE FIELDS IN THE FORM .I HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE PRINT PROGRAM .SO ALL THE TEXT ELEMNTS WILL BE DEFINED THEIR NA??????THEN WHAT MUST BE THE PBLM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

Have you deleted/renamed some existing text element in the form. If yes, then if the same element is called from the print program, it will give an error.

Award points if found useful.

Regards

Indrajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO I AM SURE I AM USING THE SAME TEXT ELEMENTS ..THE PBLM IS WHEN I OPEN THE TEXT EDITOR THE SAVED TEXT ELEMENTS GETS DELETED.

IN THE STANDARD PROGRAM THEY HAVE USED MANY IF CONDITIONS BUT I HAVE NOT USED ALL THE THINGS .JUST I HAVE THE TEXT ELEMENTS AND MY NEW FIELDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manikandam,

After putting your text elements and new fields, did you activate the script (menubar - FORMS -ACTIVATE).

And one more thing, I understand you have added elements/fields in script, but if you want them to be printed, you have to populate the variables in your print program and call WRITE_FORM function module for that element, else that element won't appear in output with values of variables under it getting displayed.

Regards

Indrajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i have also activated it ...it is basic naa?and i have not touched the print program .by default the print progarm will have write form naaa?sorry inder i have done all the things before .bcoa this not the first form i am working .i have done the same with PO but it doesnt give me complaints only this form is showing errors like this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manikandam,

No your print program will not have text element by default. It s not like when you add a element to the script, it gets autogenerated in print program. You have to put it in print program. You can search for the element in the script. It will show in write_form fm under elements.

And I do not have any clue how something is getting deleted from script just like that. Could you give an extract from the script what you have done after activating. Just put from 2 lines before that also.

Regards

Indrajit.