cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2ee 6.40 Installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I start my J2EE 6.40 installation and at the beginning of the installation, I got the following error from the sapinst.log:

INFO 2005-05-28 22:18:38

Account sapsys already exists.

WARNING 2005-05-28 22:18:38

<html>SAPinst has found more than one DVEBMGS profile in directory '/usr/sap/PEB/SYS/profile':<br>PEB_DVEBMGS20_ekoplus and PEB_DVEB

MGS20_ekoplus_tst.<p>Remove all invalid profiles before choosing <em>OK</em>.</html>

The SID PEB is not the actuall system which I'm installing. It should be PEC. Both SIDs are reside in the same host.

Not sure why is the problem

/Niclas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For each DVEB instance you can only have one SID_DVEB_hostname profile. The install uses these to determine instances numbers that exist already in the system. If you have a backup of one of your profiles to say something like SID_DVEBMGS12_hostname,orig the install will error out at this point. We have also run into this in our HA environment where we actually have the need to have two separate profile files because of the different hostnames in the HA setup. When ever we do an installation on either of those hosts, we have to temporarily move some of the profiles.

Regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niclas,

Restart the installation with the SID PEC.

regards

Anand.M