cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD and Rz70: RFC connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings-

I am attempting to use RZ70 to propogate R/3 details to my SLD, and I have the following issue that has stumped me.

Steps performed:

1. Using SMGW, I have confirmed the host and service names using goto>parameters>display

2. I have updated the SLD bridge information with the host and service name, then stopped and started the SLD.

3. I have updated transaction RZ70 with the host and server, activated and executed.

On Rz70, I get the following message:

RFC data prepared

Used RFC destination: SLD_NUC

RFC call failed: Error opening an RFC connection.

Existing periodic jobs removed. Number: 1

Program scheduled: 20050529 050500

Event-controlled job already exists; scheduling not necessary

On transaction SMGW, the error log that is generated is:

***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName: hostname 'iwdfim01' not found: gethostbyname (11004: WSANO_DATA: Valid name, no data record of re

• ERROR => R3INIT: GwHostToAddr(iwdfim01) failed [gwr3cpic.c 1124]

On SM59 when I try to test connection SLD, I see the following:

ERROR program SLD_NUC not registered

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host [server name removed]-d50 / sapgw50

DETAIL TP SLD_NUC not registered

I've reviewed numerous posts, but I haven't quite seen this issue elsewhere. It seems like a problem between the r/3 instance and the gateway. I've tried increasing the security authorization for user sapcpic, but nothing I've tried has been successful.

Any help would be most appreciated (and of course awarded with points)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to do definition SLD_NUC in JCO RFC Destination in J2EE admnistrator. Later to try connection test in SM59. If connection is successful excute RZ70.

Best regards,

Altug Bayram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have finally successfully imported a system via the bridge. A few points:

1. I believe that the windows\services file on the portal needs to include an entry for the message server and gateway(sapmsXXX 3600 sapgwXX port XX), followed by a portal restart. I can't say this for sure though.

2. I was getting an RFC error that said that a connection couldn't be established to the message server. I think that this message was misleading and that the issue was that the server was not able to send successfully to the portal. Since it didn't get a success return code back SAP presented an error to me. Again, I'm not sure about this but I thought I'd throw this out there in case it helps anyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Altug-

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think our basis team has installed j2ee WAS on the server with r/3. Is this possible?

If so, are you saying that in order for program SLD_NUC to be registered on the SAP Gateway server that j2ee must be installed on the server with the r/3 instance?

Thanks,

Brandon