cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of Proportional Factors

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using fixed proportional factors for our implementation. The proportional factors are being computed on the basis of the sales history. I am getting the right ratio but the value of the fixed proportional factor seen in the planning book does not go with the computation formula.

For Example:

An article A1 is being sold to locations L1 and L2. The history of the sales to these sold to are 100 (last 6 months) for location L1 and 200 (last 6months) for location L2 thus the proportional factors should be having 1:2 ratio between the L1 and L2.I see the value of the proportional factors having the split as 1:2 but these are the following issues that I have been facing.

1.The aggregated value of the proportional factors varies in different time buckets, which should not be the case when we are using the fixed proportional factors,can this be due to the number of days in the time bucket because there might be months having less days and so on

2.The aggregated value of the proportional factors come out as 42356, this should not be the value as per the formula in help.sap.com

The proportional factors are calculated by taking only the 6 months of history in account

Could any one advice me on this

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After calculating the fixed proportional factors, the system will adjust it for the number of days in the period. Thus you will observe the number to be higher in months that have more days.

Also I think that the proportinal factor number calculated by the system, is actually multiplied by a factor of 10,000 before saving into APODPDANT.

Regards,

Kedar

Answers (0)