cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Container Variable across Maps

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Scenario is such that I am having one Receive Step and Several Send Steps.

I am storing the value of a particular element of the Incoming message in a Container Variable (Integer).

Subsequently, in the Interface / Message Maps of the Send steps, I want to make use of this Container Variable value to map to a Particluar Target Element.

The other solution that I can think of is having a Transformation operation before each Send Step and make use of the 'Receive Message' as part of the Source. However I would not want to use this method, as unneccessarily, I will have several Transformation steps for only one element.

Can anyone suggest a better solution? Whether I can access this Container Variable Value here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekhar,

Maybe this link will help you get your answer...

Glad to be able to help.:)

Regards,

Kshitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where do you like to use this container element..?

A transformation step ( in a BPM) is a abstraction of message/interface mappings... So u can use a container variable directly inside your message mappings to map container variable to data element.

U can look at the thread : "Container object in Message Mapping" to know how to access the container variable inside your message mapping.

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva, both of your links don't work. Can you please check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>A message can be transformed only in a message transformation step.</b> It becomes mandatory for you to use a transformation step.

U can have the advantage that you can directly get the container element in your message mapping and assign it to the target element.

U can refer to this conversation

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva.

What I wanted to ask was whether I can access a Container Element outside of BPM Message Mapping, i.e within a Interface Mapping and not within a Transformation Step.

R Chandrasekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that between the Receive and Send Steps that I have mentioned in my Post, there are other Send steps where the received message gets altered.