cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty screen : Download metadata XML file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a developer what should i do after creating a SyncBO..

I have taken an existing BAPI Wrapper(MEREP_COUNTRY_GETLIST) and created a syncBO.

I understand that i need to download merep_metadata.xml file and import it into NWDS. but when i press the download metadata xml file button..empty screen is visible.

So Pl. suggest.

Rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

After creating the syncBo you have to generate it using a button given on the SyncBo builder screen.

Then you are supposed to go to transaction merep_pd and under the tab "Synchronizer" you enable your SyncBo.

Next you need to create an MCD for this syncBo via the transaction mi_mcd.

Now the step comes when you can generate the metaxml file.

Refer to the MDK documentation given in the Netweaver Developer Studio.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I have enabled the SyncBO.

Can you brief the steps of mi_mcd. what r the parameters i need to fill??

Rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Refer the below link :-

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/b3b2a5b71c7c43b4cd39fe40fed192/frameset.htm">Link</a>

It contains all the steps in detail required to create an MCD.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically these are the foll steps :-

1. Start transaction mi_mcd on your WebAs.

2. Click "Create Mobile Component"

3. Provide "Mobile Solution Name" and Version = 01

4. Click "Create MCD"

5. Provide "Description".

6. "Component Type" I think you are creating an application so give value "

APPLICATION" Press enter.

7. Give "Runtime Environment" as either JSP/AWT for the type of appln u want to develop.

8. Save the MCD.

9. Under the SyncBo tab give the name of the SyncBo you have just created in the column "SyncBo ID". Press enter.

10. You can repeat the step 9 to include as many syncBos you want.

11. Save your MCD.

12 Now go to transaction merep_sbuilder and you can download the metaxml file by selecting this MCD in the pop-up window.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MI ABAP Server itself as the backend.

In the first screen of MI_MCD transaction

what shud i fill for 'Mobile Component' field...is it anything that i can enter or some other specific name. Likewise 'Mobile Solution Name' ,

and after creation of MCD

when i download the meRepMeta.xml file and create a SmartSync project in NWDS.

what shud be the Project Name, Package Name, Servlet Name, MI Application Name.

My questions might be basic ...but i am facing lot of problems with these..

Pl help.

Rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Dont enter anything on the first page. Just click on "Create Mobile Component"

Now on the next screen give any name for the "Mobile Solution Name'". It could be anything. This will be your MCD name. Enter "Version" as 01 and click on the "Create MCD" button.

After creating the MCD (i hope that you have followed the steps mentioned in my previous post. Dont forget to add the SyncBo during creation.) and downloading it you create a SmartSync project in your NWDS.

You can fill the following details :-

<b>Project Name</b> - Any Name

<b>Project Root Folder</b> - Let it be the default MI root folder i.e where your SAP MI is installed usually "c:\SAPmi" check what is it on your machine.

<b>Meta XML file</b> - give the path of the xml file you have just now downloaded.

<b>Package Name</b> - Any Name

<b>Servlet Name</b> - Any Name

<b>MI Application Name</b> - name of the MCD you have just created for this application. <b><i>This is very important. do not give any other name</i></b>

After filling out all this click "Finish"

The NWDS will auto generate your Smart Sync Project.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

These are the problems are quie common.

1. after downloading the .xml file to your local system, start NWDS and start new project-> MI dev tools-> select your type of project here Smart sync or other MI proj.

2. Give you project name Importantly, Name your project the same name you have given to your MCD.

3. Do changes in your project code if needed.

4. Export the project.

5. open the WebConsole-> Upload mobile component, click against the name of your MCD on the change button, proved the path where you stored the .war file.

6. assign it to your device

7.start the client and sync it.

8. you should see the app on the client device.

refer this link too

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eba3a7-0601-0010-b982-92f...

Regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya.

I dont think that it is mandatory to give the "Project Name" the same name as your MCD.

Rather it is mandatory that the "MI application name" must be the same name as your MCD name.

I think it is because your midleware identifies your application by the Application name and not the Project name.

I have developed applications wherein the Project Name is not the same as that of the MCD.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

now everything is working out well.

FYI.. I have used a different "Project Name"

by the way .one last question ...

what is the <b>'Name'</b> that we have to give in NWA when we Generate SDA

cheers,

Kiran Joshua

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

There are no MCDs (Mobile Component Descriptors) created in your system.

Goto Tcode MCD. Here create a MCD of type Application and enter a valid runtime environment. Then in the first tab enter the SyncBOs that are reuired for the application. It would be better if you use the button on the right side to enter the values. This button will take care of the Relation as well. Then save the MCD.

Goto MEREP_SBUILDER and now you should be able to see some entries in the popup. Select the one you want to download.

Thanks...

Preetham S