Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining 2 Sales Orders - 'Complete' with 'Partial' Delivery into 1 Delv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a typical requirement from my client and it is as follows:

My client want to combine 'Sales Orders' marked with 'Complete Delivery' indicator(VBAK-AUTLF check-box is checked) at the Header -> Shipping, with Sales Orders marked for 'Partial Delivery' (VBAK-AUTLF is not checked) in the Header-> Shipping.

Although all the other business conditions/fields values at the Header levels,like Ship-To_party, Shipping Conditions, Incoterms, etc. are same across both these Sales Orders; SAP as a standard Business Process Flow, doesnot allow <u>COMBINING</u> of 2 such orders into a <u>SINGLE Delivery</u>, since their 'Headers' seem to differ for that ONE field value.

I have searched through all user-exits, SAP Help forums as well as OSS notes to get a solution to this problem but could not find any (bad luck).

Will anyone of you who has come across this particular scenario or know a way to get around this problem, be able to contribute with his/her ideas? I would be

grateful, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shripad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We solved this by doing 2 things: changing the copy-control and the user exit for Delivery creation from Sales Orders, where the Partial/Complete Delivery Indicator of the second sales order is made to be same as that of the first sales order, so that the system combines both of them.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shripad,

I dont think this is a field which is checked while combining sales orders for delivery. The logic for combining sales orders into single delivery is handled in copy control in a place called combination criteria at the Header level. The routine which you have selected here may be a custom made one and checking this field also.

Standard routines check only for partners, shipping point etc and definitely not the complete delivery indicator.

So

1.pls check your copy control routine here.

2. Do corresponding change if this is not a desired behaviour.

3. If the routine selected here is not considering the field, then check if u have some user exists which is checking this.

Otherwise in standard functionality, orders of both complete delivery and partial delivery can be combined together to create a combined delivery if their partners and shipping points are same provided their schedule lines are confirmed on the date of delivery creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi iim nava,

Thanks for your reply.

However in our case, the system does throw that error, when i try to combine the second order (partial) into the delivery created for the first order (complete).Here is the log for your reference, when I try to add the second(partial so items) into the delivery created for the first (complete delivery SO):

-

Diagnosis

Item 000010 cannot be shipped in the same delivery with the

other items in the document because the header data (AUTLF)

is different. The field AUTLF for the item has the value &4,

yet in the delivery it has X.

System Response

The system issues this message if a delivery split is

necessary.

This message either appears in the collective processing log

or during creation of outbound deliveries from projects or

for subcontracting. It informs you that the item specified

will be shipped in a delivery other than the delivery that

includes the other items from the same document. If there was

a general problem with shipment of the delivery, a different

message appears.

If this message appears when you are creating an outbound

delivery with reference to a sales order in the foreground,

it indicates that the order item cannot be shipped with the

current outbound delivery.

-

By any chance, did you actually try simulating my scenario in your system. If you have and the same works fine in your system, then pls help me by sending your 'copy control' settings, to help me compare. We run SAP 4.6 and my settings for copy control are as follows:

<u>LF <-> OR (Header)</u>:

Data Transfer (VBAK) = 001 [HEADER]

Data Transfer HU = 000 [blank]

Order Requirements (VBAK) = 001 [HEADER]

Combination Requirements = 651 [051 w/o Comp dlv]

<u>LF <-> OR <-> TAN (Item)</u>:

Item Data = 101 [ITEM]

Order Requirements (VBAK) = 101 [ITEM]

Business Data = 2 [BUSINESS DATA]

Buss Data Reqmt = 151 [COMBINATION]

Hope the feedback can you will help me solve my problem. Thanks once again.

Regards,

Shripad