cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT : Creating a maintenance dialog : Is it allowed???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm planning to create a maintenance dialog for USR05 table.

Since it would require a developer key, is it allowed to create a maintenance dialog for an SAP table like USR05??

I'm just thinking from the SAP supportability standpoint..major question in my mind is..If i create this maintenance dialog, will SAP support if in future we encounter problem due to USR05 table??

Also, is my concern really justfied..just wanna make sure that i'm thinking on the right lines.

Any expert input will be surely rewarded with points.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can go ahead and create a table maintenance for the table USR05 but you must be very cautious while maintaining this table. Because as far as i know SAP doesnot recommend this because old entries can be changed with this..which leads to data inconsistency and also in general sap standard tables are not standalone tables so when you make entries through this everytime you must be sure that you have taken care of all check tables, dependent tables ...etc..

Also there is one more thing SAP can accept or reject the direct or indirect changes you have made to standard tables while <b>upgradation</b>.

Hope this helps to some extent, reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But my point is that USR05 table is always modified whenever we add/remove parameters in SU01..In my case i'm creating a mainenance dialog because i want to do it on a mass basis..Maintenance dialog would be just another way to edit that table..I'm not changing the structure of that table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP learner,

SAP may not support you perhaps if problems arise out of that if you add maintainence dialog on your own. Anyways addind maintainance view for usr05 is not such a good idea.Better consult with SAP itself.

Regards.

Ruchit.