Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate XI with webmethods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i have a requirement where in i have to integrate WebMethods with XI,

i was just wondering if we have any blogs available for that,i searched sdn but didnt find much stuffs.

also any help on upgrading(migrating) from webmrthods to XI will also be appreciated.

thanx

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

WebMethods has developed a WebMethods XI adapter that is plugged into WebMethods and that can post messages into the XI PipleLine url in the XI SOAP Message Format.

Liewise XI can use the XI receiver adapter to post the message to a particualr URL on WebMethods.

WebMethods will read the info from this URL using the Sender XI Adapter plugged into WebMethods.

Abhy Thomas has also posted a Article on SDN and this should be out soon that discusses the finer acspects of this implementation while his blog provides a high level overview.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Guys

so for Webmethods to XI scenario,we will have a HTTP-XI-R/3 (no sender CC and no sender agreement here) and for XI to webmethods,we will have R/3 -XI-XI(adpater),is my understanding right?

thanx

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

WebMethods has Developed a XI adapter purely to integrate WebMethods with XI. Using this Would be the best way to handle this.

XI will use the XI adapter to push data to WebEMthods while WebMethods will use a Sender WebMethods XI Adapter to receive this data.

Likewise, WebMethods will use WebMethods XI Receiver Adapter to push data to XI's pipeline.

This will use the Native XI Protocol to Talk to XI and thereby provide a better perfromance and monitoring both from WebMethods and XI side.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Bhavesh

>>WebMethods has Developed a XI adapter purely to integrate WebMethods with XI

agreed,but once he sends the data to XI i have to design a scenario to handle that data and suppose send it to R/3.

so basically the webmethods guy will just shoot the data towards XI,but what will my sender adapter be?will it be HTTP or SOAP?

thanx

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No sender adapter. The message will be posted to XI's Pipeline using the Natvie XI protocol.

Just as proxies send data to XI from a SAP system, without Confiruging a Sender XI adapter, you do not need a sender XI adapter but the message will be like your proxy message and will trigger the call to XI.

Advantage of this method : same advanatge as using proxies. Native XI Protocol is being used.

Like i told, the article has been posted on SDN and is awating approval from the Content Development team. Hang on for a little more while and you will be able to see the implementation aspects of this.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Bhavesh,

yeah i need to look at the blog by Abhy.

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Below is my article that Bhavesh was talking about...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/a%20case%20stud...

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

Just a thought

SAP BC is also a webmethods proprietary integration solution. So in my opinion u should look into SAP BC adapter for ur integration requirements.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/15/xi-rfc-mapping-lookups-from-bc-to-xi

/people/bla.suranyi/blog/2006/07/10/xi--sap-business-connector-integration-using-the-http-adapter

Regards,

Prateek

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI->SOAP->Webmethod we can achieve it.

This might help you

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are couple of docs available - kind of case study..

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

thread discussion..

anyway you can find this if you search..

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

According EAI you are not suppose to intergate between two EAI tools. ofcourse in real time we do it but try avoid as much as possible.