cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying patches in Client 000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can anyone plae tell me the reason to use client 000 to install patches/notes etc.and add-on (SAIT). Why not we install patches/notes etc in other

clients e.g 100, 200 etc.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi julio,

We can not apply patches,notes and add-on through other than 000.

Because 000 is the Maste client more over it is the most updated client and you can this client as a templet. You can find that options in SPAM, SNOTE and SAINT are disabled in other clients. Only in 000 these options are enabled.

If you have copy 000 to other client you will get all support pack levels as in 000 becayse 000 is the most updated and SAP standard client.

Thanks,

Suraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client 000 is the master client. When you apply the patches this affects the entire system, i mean all the clients in that cluster. Only when you are in client 000 is these patches recognised and applied which are the client independent changes.

Even i had the same query as to what if i create a client copy of 000 with all parameters being same. Will that work.

With some discussion i came to the conclusion that may be while these programs were being written at the base level some where it was hard coded to recognize only the Client 000 for such changes to take affect.

Regards and reward with suitable points.