cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groupware and CRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is anyone using groupware/mapbox with their CRM on System i? From what I can see it runs only on Windows, Unix or Linux. Is that correct? I'm trying to figure out the pieces we need to have in place to integrate Lotus Notes (DWA) calendaring with CRM 5.0.

Thanks,

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two parts to Groupware Integration. The MAPBOX component is a Java component. It may be integrated into JCRM now, but don't take my word for it.

The other component is the Groupware Connector. Last I looked (last year), it was a Windows-only component. It relies on components from the client software for the Groupware system you are connecting to (in your case, Lotus). The connector is restricted by the platform the client runs on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos -

Does this mean that all the end users for groupware would need the Notes Client on their workstation? We just roled out the DWA Web access. Hmm, maybe I could get a client this way!

Thanks,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

No the end users don't need a client. The Groupware Connector runs on a beefed up workstation and uses the client software connectivity to access the Groupware server functionality. This way, SAP doesn't have to write a native connector for each platform (although there are only two), since there are no open standards for Groupware server connectivity.

The users will use the CRM system to manage items you are integrating via Groupware Integration. In theory, they will be able to see their CRM appointments and tasks in the Groupware product and vice-versa.

I keep writing 'Groupware' because I'm more familiar with integrating with Exchange, but assuming the functionality is the same in Lotus.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig

We have a similar requirement here, ie add a Windows based CRM Groupware Connector and install MapBox 4.0 on our iSeries CRM system.

Were you able to install Mapbox via SDM ok?

Thanks

Matthew Milne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

mapbox is mentioned as a Java component in the redbook "An Overview of Installing SAP Applications on System i Models" - http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp4189.pdf. Since it is Java-based, it should be platform-independent anyway.

Lotus Notes is also available on System i. IBM is selling a special System i Edition just for it.

Regarding the integration between CRM and Groupware, Note 938591 and 908579 might be what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Victor