cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Administrator password to never change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have the J2EE engine installed locally on my machine so that I can test/debug before I deploy to the dev server. The problem is after a couple months or so, when I tried to use my admininstrator password to log into my local portal, it forced me to change my password. After I did this, I could no longer deploy to the my local engine because my password was not correct. I had to go and change my administrator password BACK to the original password and then everything was fine.

I was wondering if there was a way to set the administrator password to never change to avoid this hassle... I used to have the 2004 version installed and the admin password never changed, it didn't ask me to change it until after I had converted to 2004s.

Thanks,

Jennifer

I will award points for helpful answers!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the following porperty in config tool. In config tool goto the property sheet com.sap.security.core.ume.service.

Here, there is a property, ume.logon.security_policy.password_expire_days.

For this property default value is 90. Set higher value like 99999. So, the password will expire after the duration which you set.

Refer this link for more information about this property.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b5/16c43bdd3da244a1d3372a77b5f83f/frameset.htm

Thanks

R.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

I made this change, which I'm assuming will work...

Our Basis admin also told me I could go in and change my security policy from "default" to "Technical User" in the UME. I'm guessing between those two things it should work now... I don't want to wait 99999 days to verify, though, so I'm awarding you all the points

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jennifer,

Login to the visual administrator. Pull up the instance --> services --> security provider service. Click the User management tab. Search for administrator and click the "no password change" required checkbox.

1 problem. Support packs will expire the password sometimes. So eventhough you set this, a SP bug may sometimes override it.

-jwise

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm... that check box is already checked for me... but thanks, I didn't know it was even there.

It didn't ask me to change my adminstrator password until I went to log into my local portal... perhaps there's a similar setting in there I'm not aware of?