Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Inbound Delivery from Outbound Delivery create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what I am trying to do...

1. Create PO (me21n)

2. Create Outbound Delivery based on PO (VL10g)

3. PGI (this creates a DELVRY03 IDoc)

(IDoc is created at this step, no issues so far)

4. Based on the Outbound DELVRY03 IDoc I want to create Inbound Delivery. Inbound IDoc is created, but not posted to Application. It gives me the following error...

"Item 00000 of purchasing document does not exist".

Please help me resolve this error message.

Regards,

Sneha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey sneha, i do have the similar business requirement and i would like to have ur tots and say on this scenario like the process code, idoc type, message type (u have said u used desadv and desadv0, why not delvry03 is there any reason for that )and coming back few steps have you worked on this scenario of creating an automatic Purchase Order (in a different company code).

Lemme explain it..

1) I have created a sales order using EDI file in company code say xxxx(thru idoc)

Now the business requirement is ;

How can i create a PO in the same system but different company code..if u have come across this scenario please post your tots, for sure ur efforts will be appreciated and rewarded..

Many Thanks..take care.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sneha,

Outbound delivery cannot be created against the purchase order. In a third party scenario where in we receive the shipping Notification(SN) from the vendor, it comes as Delvry02 IDOC to our system. The IDOC gets posted as Inbound delivery for which Goods Recipt happens against the Purchase order using the transaction MIGO. This updates the vendor confirmation table EKES. If you see the Confirmations tab in purchase order you will see the Inbound delivery number and external delivery number.

Outbound delivery gets created against the sales order and uses the stock posted by the goods receipt to issue the goods. The ASN signals(DelVRY03) gets created after PGI happens in the Outbound delivery.

The Process is like

Purchase Order(ORDERS05) goes to vendor --- > Vendor Manufactures the goods sends back Ship notifcation(SN) -> SN posts the goods Inbound Delvery is created and GR happens.-> Outbound delivery gets created and ASN signals go to the forwarder.

Do revert to me for any further clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

I have a similar requirement, i have to create an inbound delivery through idoc, as we don't have any inbound deliveries in our system, i took one outbound delivery and tried posting as inbound delivery in we19, but it's not getting posted and it's giving same kind of error 'item xxx does not exist', could you please tell me how you solved this problem of posting inbound delivery.

Thanks,

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kashif,

To post Inbound Delivery I used Message Type <b>DESADV</b> and process code <b>DELS</b> and IDoc type <b>DESADV01</b>

<i>I received the same error as you did when I used process code DESA</i>

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

Thanks for your reply, iam stuck with some errors in inbound delivery through idoc.

erro 1: enter a Material or item category

2: No item category exists (Table T184L EL ZCBN V )

we have a custom item category group defined in the material master for the material which is 'ZCBN'. i have an entry in T184L with EL ZCBN V ELN. even then iam getting the same error.

Could you please let me know if you face same kind of error.

Thanks,

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the IDOC type you are using for inbound processing ? And I don't have the knowledge of creation of delivery document for a PO. For what process do we do that ? Please give more details. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

I am using Message Type: DESADV and Process Code: DELS for inbound processing.

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please mention the business requirement. Why are you creating outbound delivery of PO and why is inbound delivery required ? I have worked on a process in which we created inbound delivery from another system via idoc processing. Now this inbound delivery was created with ref to PO (a pre-requirement was to put a confirmation control as inbound delivery on PO line item level).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

Requirement of creating Inbound Delivery is same as you mentioned. Like you said there is a pre-reuirement to put a confirmation control key in the PO line item level.

Now that the Inbound delivery is created using IDoc Processing, I want to send an ASN against this Inbound Delivery. How do I do that? and what process code and message type/ IDoc type shd I use?

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure whether this is closed. If still open this is what is needed to be configured.

1. New output type for inbound delivery. Use Tcode NACE... then click on E1 and then follow the output type tab.. Create new output type with EDI medium. And dispatch time as immediate. Select processing routine as RSNASTED.

2. Create a partner profile with DESADV as message type DELV as process code. We used DELVRY03 as idoc type.

3. Final job.. sit with EDI and map the idoc with 856 or which ever EDI you are planning to use.

Hope this helps.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren, hope things r cool at ur end, this is the nice peice of information you have posted, do u have a mapping document which you created for the same scenario, if u can please send me to k.abdulbari@gmail.com, all you extented help would be highly appreciated..thanks mate, take care..