cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to suppress country field while creating customer (payer type)

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

i want to suppres the country field while creating a customer (payer type in VD01).

now my country field is mandatory ... i want to make suppress or optional....im having problem with that field.

i tried to do it in customizing (spro-img-financial accounting- customer accounts-preparation for creating customer master - define account groups for customer with screen lay out- in that i selected 003 payer and then clicked details button and then double clicked general data taba and then clicked control and there i suppressed the country .. but while creating customer it still coming up ...

sure rewards for useful answers

thanks

madhan

Message was edited by:

madhan n

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)</b>

<i>Use</i>

In this step, you determine the account group of the customer.

<i>Procedure</i>

Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG > Financial Accounting (New) > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Customer Accounts > Master Data > Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data > Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

<i>Transaction Code</i> : SPRO

The groups indicated below are a few examples. There are many groups in Standard SAP & if we require additional Group, it can be copied from appropriate group & maintained.

Group | Name

0001 | Sold-to party

0002 | Goods recipient

0003 | Payer

0004 | Bill-to party

0005 | Prospective customer

0006 | Competitor

Select Payer > go to Details > Double Click on General data. It will take to next screen which details Tab Pages of General data. Double Click on Tab Page for example: Address, Control, Marketing & so on. Here you can maintain whether the field is to be Suppress, Req. Entry, Opt. entry or Display.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

reward Points if helpful.

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi rajesh ,

i have done this . i have tried to suppress all the fields in the genral tab address data except the name .. but still i m having the problem..

to my guess some abaper has written a userexit for the screen and made the field mandatory ..when ever i enter the date and the country in VD01 all the fields get cleared off and it again asks for country saying a message "enter country".

thanks

madhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree with you that the fieght have been made mandatory using some user exit. I am sure you must have already tried, but the thought which comes to my mind is just try to check it in debug mode with Abaper. Maybe it may give sime clue.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i wud suggest u u talk to fico consulatant and do the changes....

if ur supressing it in genraldta,and comnaycode date,it wudnt apear..

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhan,

Did you suppress the country field in General data, Company code data, or Sales data. I believe it still is not suppressed in one of the field statuses.

Finanacial Accounting(New) -> Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables -> Customer Accounts -> Master Data -> Preparation for Customer Creating Master Data -> Define Account Groups with Screen Layout(Customer)

Choose Group -> 0003(Payer) -> Display -> Edit

Regards,

Naveen.

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes i did what u said but still it is showing up.. is there any other way to make it either suppress or make it optional.. as it is now a mandatory field .. and when ever i enter any country all my fields are getting cleared and ask to enter country .. something is messed up ...

thanks

madhan

Message was edited by:

madhan n

Former Member
0 Kudos

try transaction SDH0

reward points if it helps

regards

biju

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

how to proceed for transaction code VD01 in SHD0?

thanks

madhan

Message was edited by:

madhan n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with <b>OBD2</b> if not by transaction varient <b>SHD0</b> for settings

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

still my problem is not solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

I had tried to supress the country field while learning & practising SAP. However, did not find the field in the Account Group configuration screens. I still have no answer like you.

Have you been working with the country for format field in the Account Group configuration screen all this while???

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes ive been trying but couldnt solve

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying again, however in the mean time if you are able to crack the problem do keep me posted.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb