cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gui 7.10 destroys SAPMMC on my 2003 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 2003 IE7, SQL2000 SP4 and ERP 4.7/200. I also installed the Gui 640 which came with the installation pack. Everything worked fine, except for the HTML problem. However the moment I installed Gui 7.10 final release, the SAP Management Console gave an error that the snap-in is not registered. When I uninstalled 7.10 it was back again.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hubertus,

maybe note 935174 solves your problem.

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thanks, I'll try that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The note unfortunately applies to version 700, I am running the standard 4.7 with kernel 620 as shipped. Strangely there is no problem running the Gui 7.10 on my 4.6c system on Windows 2000!!

Regards, Hubertus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hubertus,

sorry it didn't work out for you.

<i><b>Symptom</b>

That SAP MMC SnapIn crashes shortly after you start it if it manages SAP instances from older releases (6.40 or lower).

</i>

really sounds to address your problem...

Being @home I can't check 2003 server, but did you try to open the snap-in manually? And as a second guess, did you check \windows\system32\drivers\etc\services as the GUI installation modifies it...

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

It certainly appears to be relevant, but the note specifically refers relavance to release SAP_BASIS 700. As I am on BASIS 620 (and Kernel 640?) I am a bit hesitant to install this, as the result might be a bit unpredictable. It does refer simply to a new version of sapmmc.dll to be copied into the directory, which I can easily undo if it does not work. I'm just a bit concerned what registry entries etc the dll might change and cause havoc if it is not the right solution.

I think that I will first install the latest version of MMC from Microsoft, I see that my 4.6 system is on 3.0 and the 4.7 system is on 1.0, and also upgrade to the latest kernel patches from SAP. My SPAM shows BASIS 620 level 60, whereas the system info shows Kernel release 640, patch level 31. If I want to download kernel updates, do I pick all those listed under the components that have a patch level greater than 31 assuming that it is always only the latest version of the downloads that is listed on the website?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hubertus,

just having finished going live with ERP 6.0 last weekend I'm a little it worn out...

Since SAP_BASIS 700 and GUI 7.10 bear both a "7" in the name I would give it a shot. If you're concerned about your registry settings, back up the relevant reg-keys (or whole system)...

Bye for today...

Peter

Answers (0)