cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eliminate sub-totals in xMII Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an xMII service that combines the results of 2 separate queries. When this runs (i have a debug view of the data) I recieve several records and then a subtotal record that starts with ---. Neither of the queries that are used in this transaction have subtotal records in them (the only records that show are the subtotals). I wish to eliminate these subtotal records altogether.

Please let me know if I am missing something in my configuration.

Thanks,

Larry McGahee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to eliminate them in my lookup by eliminating anything with the --- in the column.

Thanks for your help!!!

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi larry

Is all that processing needed at all , can't a UNION block do the job as desired.

regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larry,

Can you please elaborate on your scenario?

If not from the queries, where is the subtotal record being generated?

Thanks,

Michael Teti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

How are you combining the 2 queries? My guess is that the subtotal records are coming from one of the action blocks in the transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My transaction starts with 2 queries executing at the top level. I then have a pair of crosstab actions that have the keys from each of the queries defined. I then use the Joiner action to join the data from each query. I then have a calculation action to calculate a new column. After that I have my document and repeater for filling out the document.

I am not sure which action is inserting the subtotal, but do know that the queries do not by themselves.

I appreciate your help!

Larry

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Larry,

The CrossTab action blocks are adding the DrilldownDepth columns and the subtotal rows.

Since your current output is in IllumDoc format you should be able to eliminate the extra rows with a GenericSortFilter and eliminate the rows where the columns are not equal to "---".

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you need the crosstab actions?

Instead of doing the crosstab, then filtering, can you just remove the crosstab actions?