Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC model creation problem in NDS

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem while creating a RFC model in NDS.

After providing all the logon informations to server, the editor says "Connect to SAP gaetway failed. Unknown hostname..."

Where as <b>I can connect to SAP system through the SAP gui</b> using the <b>same logon details</b>.

The Hosts file <b>does have entry for the hostname</b>.....Tried using a newer 7.0.10 version, but problem still persists.......

What might be the loose end here!!!!!!!!

As far I know, NDS uses tcp/ip protocol to connect to servers & the Host file entries should help it in getting connected to SAP.....

Does it use some other layer to connect??? HTTP???

Any pointers are welcome. Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check JCo whether ru using same database user in both backend and JCo, test them in their it self, i think your problem will be solved, Use 7.0.11 version

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if there's a proxy between your host and the server or the server is into a domain.

In that case you must are in the same domain to use it.

Regards,

Gianluca Barile

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gianluca,

Thanks for your answer.

We are in touch with the network people for the possible network access problems.

Just a thought, when we can login through SAP gui, so I dnt think it can be a domain/firewall issue....

Correct me if i am wrong....

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately I was in this situation:

I'm able to use syst by SAP GUI but I'm not able to use server by NWDS until I'm not in server's domain.

Regards,

Gianluca Barile

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Gainlunca,

I will get back after getting some news from the network team.

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

I could not get what are you trying to say.....

Check JCo whether ru using same database user in both backend and JCo---

where to check?? database user!!!!!

I dnt think the logical destinatons come into picture untill runtime....so no point in checking them.........

Use 7.0.11 version----cant..server is at 10

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Are you using Single server connection or load balancing connection to connect ot your backend system?

If the entry is already there in SAP GUI for this backend and you are able to connect through SAPGUI then, in the model creation wizard, choose Load balancing tab to connect to your backend system. You will find your system ID in the dropdown. select it from dropdown and then try to connect.

It should work.

Regrads,

Bhavik

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

Ok, it seems all the possible ports have been opened by the network team. And the server and the NDS client is in the same domain...

Is there any specific port that need to be opened? What is the difference between SAP Gui & NDS in terms of protocol they use for connect to SAP???

Hi Bhavik,

Its a single server connection. While trying load balancing, it does not show any default entry for System ID and this field is non-editable.

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

It fetches and populates values from SAPLOgon.ini file stored on you machine.

Same file is used to show system list in SAPGUI logon pad.

So, If you are getting system on logon pad then it should show same in the dropdown.

One more point:

Is you backed system uses message server to rought to hte server? If so, then provide Host or IP of the message server instead oh Application server.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the NWDS and SAP GUI use the TCP protocol to connect with the SAP systems.

If you have asingle server connection you cannot use load balancing.

Howhever you can check the OSS note 832994, regarding the error in creating model by connecting to SAP system.

Best regards,

Gianluca Barile

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

Finally the problem is solved. It was related to firewall issue. The message server port had some problem.

Hi Bhavik,

The sap gui shows system list.. When i navigate to Load balancing option in NDS, the list does not show up.

Thanks a lot for your help. Appreciated...

Your rewards are on their way ;)..

Best Regards

Sandip Agarwal