cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of Component Controller in WD4A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Folks,

I have been reading tutorials and notes on WD4A.I understood basic architecture of WD4A but still i cant understand details of different Controllers like components controller,custom controllers,interface controllers etc.In which methods of controller i should code??.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirad.

The component controller is a WD4A component wide controller which can be used by each view of the component. If you mark a method as interface method here you can call this method from other components which use your component.

A custom controller is like a component controller. You can use a custom controller to seperate logic if you want to.

A view controller is only usable by the view.

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what is the particular use of controller??

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nirad,

Controllers are heart of WebDynpro Components, since programming logic and data are defined in these entities.

For example: ComponentController is accessible from all the views and windows in the WebDynpro Component. Hence we can declare the Attributes, context and the methods in the component controller which can be accessible in all the other controllers present in the WebDynpro Component.

You can also find more information about controllers in the thread:

Best regards,

Suresh

Message was edited by:

Suresh Honnappanavar